I am a huge fan of Greek food.
I get on Greek food kicks where I eat it so much that my eyebrows get bushy. Then I tweeze, and all is right with the world.
Grilled chicken souvlaki has been one of my favorite Greek dishes for a few years now. It became on of my favorites because I found out that it was one of the healthiest Greek foods you could eat, and it still tastes incredible.
I love to have my Chicken Souvlaki in a pita, topped with fresh spinach, tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, and fresh sliced tomatoes.
But I have recently found from Bella Sun Luci, these tasty little Sun Dried Tomatoes with Greek Oregano.
They bring a whole new flavor to my pita.
And I am loving it.
Sometimes when I don’t feel like firing up the grill outside I just fire up my good ol’ George Foreman to grill my chicken.
Is that cheating?
In order to get the perfect tender and juicy chicken, make sure to pound the boneless skinless chicken breast into an even thickness (usually about 1/2 inch will do).
Then marinate them in some Bella Sun Luci olive oil and Cavender’s Greek Seasoning for only 10 minutes. Sometimes you can throw onion slices in the bag (and grill them with the chicken) if you’re feeling in the mood.
After it’s grilled, cover it loosely with tin foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Works like a charm every time!
Then it’s just a few quick steps to throw it all together.
Fresh spinach leaves, grilled chicken, tzaziki sauce…
You can find my recipe for Tzaziki sauce here.
Toss on few of those tasty Sun Dried Tomatoes with Greek Oregano, and some crumbled Feta Cheese.
It’s a quick and easy meal.
I actually make this for lunch quite a bit… tweezers in hand.
Grilled Chicken Souvlaki Pita
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. Place chicken in a zip close bag with olive oil and greek seasoning. Smoosh around to evenly coat with seasoning and olive oil and let marinate for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat grill or George Foreman grill, and grill chicken till internal temp reaches 165 degrees (approximately 5-7 minutes on a George Foreman).
- Remove from grill,place on plate then loosely cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Construct pita sandwich as you desire, with spinach leaves, tzaziki sauce, feta cheese and Sun Dried Tomatoes with Greek Oregano.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW