This week I’m going to give you an extra special glimpse into what my cookbook, Express Lane Cooking is all about!
In case you didn’t already know, the whole concept of my book is to take 5 basic ingredients and transform them into 3 completely different meals! This means less time in the grocery store and more time spent with family and friends enjoying delicious meals that are a snap to make.
So this week I’m going to share a set of 3 recipes with you! These recipes are super simple because they feature a rotisserie chicken which is always a great way to start a simple meal.
First up – Fire-Roasted Chicken Enchiladas!
In the first part of my book I go over some of the basic pantry staples that you should always keep on hand. This includes spices, flour, butter, sugar, etc.
You’d be surprised at how much you can make by utilizing these simple ingredients. Like… homemade enchilada sauce! This sauce is amazing guys. Once you make a homemade version of enchilada sauce you’ll never want to go back to that canned version.
I used fresh grilled corn, shredded chicken and cheese to stuff inside the tortillas. The sauce coats the tortillas and then it’s baked with another layer of cheese on top.
These enchiladas are quick, easy and super delicious.
Top the enchiladas off with some sour cream and cilantro, or whatever fixin’s you like.
Get ready for two more recipes later this week that use the same 5 ingredients:
Don’t forget to enter to win the awesome Whole Foods $500 worth of gift cards giveaway to get yourself some groceries to start cooking!
Don’t miss out! BUY THE BOOK TODAY!
Fire-Roasted Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 fire-roasted tomatoes, diced, 15oz can
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp each: cumin, garlic salt, onion powder
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded, skin discarded
- 1 ear corn, grilled, kernels removed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 corn and flour blend tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a 9" x 13" casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the enchilada sauce, place the diced tomatoes in a blender and process until smooth with no lumps, and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat, then whisk in the flour and chili powder until it becomes smooth. Pour in the blended tomatoes and chicken broth along with the remaining spices, and whisk to combine. Let simmer until slightly thickened. Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Meanwhile combine the chicken with the grilled corn kernels and then place a heaping 1/4 cup on each tortilla along with a decent sprinkle of cheese. Roll each tortilla up and place seam-side down in the casserole dish. Cover with the remaining sauce and the rest of the cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until melted and bubbly all over.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW