A few months ago I took a girl’s trip to Las Vegas with one of my best friends. She’d never been before so we did just about everything one can do in Las Vegas in just 4 days.
We went to the Hoover Dam, went shopping, dancing, did an aerial arts class, saw some shows, way more gambling than I care to admit, and of course – we ate. Oh you better believe we ate. We ate so hard. On our second night there we made reservations at The Melting Pot. After getting lost several times we finally found our way to the restaurant and proceeded to stuff ourselves silly with all sorts of fondue. We started off with their Spinach and Artichoke Fondue and it was amazing.
So amazing that I needed to come home and make it again. For you.
After several batches, I think I finally cracked the code on this delicious cheesy dip. And what better way to celebrate National Fondue Day than with this simple recipe?!
Here’s what the fondue looked like that night in Las Vegas…
Here’s the one I made…
I used simple and easy to find cheeses that every grocery store will carry – Gruyere, Mozzarella, and Parmesan.
Of course the dip is filled with spinach and artichokes and a little garlic too.
I tried really hard to make this with chicken broth, but it just wouldn’t give me that stringy cheese goodness that is achieved when using white wine (I used cooking wine). So if you’re considering using chicken broth instead, just realize it’s not going to be the same.
What you use to dip into the cheese is up to you, but I would recommend things like bread cubes, broccoli, carrots, and even apples taste good in there too!
If you don’t have a fondue pot, not all hope is lost. I used a tea light under a ceramic soup bowl to heat this fondue. It makes for an ultra-romantic setting for two.
By the end of our dinner at The Melting Pot I told my friend that I was glad I wore a dress, because if I were wearing pants I would have needed to unbutton them. Always thinking ahead…
Rest assured, this Spinach and Artichoke Fondue is a super quick recipe that is perfect for an appetizer, or a full meal if you want! Don’t save this for a special occasion; it deserves to be made on any day of the week.
I know you want to dig into that bowl of hot cheese. Do it!
Spinach and Artichoke Fondue
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp flour
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
Possible Dipping items:
- French bread, cubed
- Raw broccoli
- Combine the cheeses in a bowl and sprinkle with the flour. Toss to evenly coat, set aside.
- Pour cooking wine and garlic into a pot and cook over medium-high heat. Once it starts to boil add the spinach and artichokes, stir until the spinach wilts.
- Stir in the cheeses and keep stirring until the cheese is stringy and melted completely. Transfer to a fondue pot, or keep in pot on low heat until ready to serve.
- Serve with your choice of dipping ingredients.
Disclaimer: I am a proud ambassador for Arizona Milk Producers. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Wash You Dry possible. As always, all thoughts are 100% my own.