These super easy Spicy Italian Pinwheels are filled with a creamy base, spicy pepperoni and roasted red bell peppers and then rolled up in a seasoned tortilla!
Not only are these great for a quick school or work lunch, but they’re also perfect for football appetizers!
Spicy Italian Pinwheel Recipe
I’ve taken all the flavors of my favorite sub sandwich and stuffed them into these tasty pinwheels… and it’s absolutely delicious!
Ingredients for Pinwheels:
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need in order to make these crave-worthy, fan favorite pinwheels. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients listed below in the recipe card.
- Large Tortillas – I used a 10″ Sun Dried Tomato flavored tortilla here, but you can also use plain
- Cream Cheese
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Italian Seasoning – try my homemade version!
- Sliced Provolone Cheese
- Sliced Deli Ham
- Thinly Sliced Salami
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers – you can either make your own or use store bought (found in the aisle with pickles and olives)
- Sliced Pepperoncini Peppers – feel free to leave these out if you don’t like the spice level
How To Make Pinwheels:
The first thing you will want to do is spread your delicious cream cheese mixture all over the tortilla.
Next, lay your filling ingredients slightly off center on the tortilla, making sure you don’t use too much filling, or it will make it difficult to roll up.
Finally, roll the tortilla up tightly, enclosing all the filling, into a nice tube. Use a sharp knife to slice the pinwheels into about 1 inch pieces.
How To Make Pinwheel Sandwiches Ahead of Time
Since pinwheels are a great snack or appetizer for watching the game, it’s a great idea to make these ahead of time and pull them out when you’re ready to serve!
Simply leave the tortilla wrapped up tightly with it’s filling, then wrap it securely in plastic wrap or foil and place it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Just before serving, pull it out of the fridge and cut into the 1 inch pieces.
PRO TIP: If your filling is too much for the tortilla to hold, try using a toothpick to secure it together. The toothpick also makes it easy to pick up off of a plattter!
More Easy Pinwheel Recipes:
These creamy delicious pinwheels are just to get you started. I have loads more for you to impress your friends and family with!
Here are more easy pinwheel recipes for you to try…
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Pinwheels
- Salami, Olive and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Creamy Salsa and Black Bean Pinwheels
- Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels
Everyone is sure to love these delicious, bite-size pinwheels!
More Spicy Italian Recipes
Love the classic flavors of the Spicy Italian as much as I do? Here are a few more favorites you’re sure to enjoy…
- Spicy Italian Salad Recipe
- Crispy Spicy Italian Egg Rolls
- Warm Spicy Italian Panini
- Spicy Italian Crescent Ring Sandwich
These pinwheels would make the perfect addition to your lunch or party platter!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Spicy Italian Pinwheels
- 5 large tortillas, 10" (I used Sun Dried Tomato Wraps)
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, dry
- 5 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 15 slices deli ham
- 15 slices salami, thinly sliced
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 2 large roasted red bell peppers, drained and patted dry and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced (drained and patted dry)
- Combine the cream cheese, Italian dressing and Italian herbs in a bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Spread about 2 tablespoons on each tortilla.
- Start layering ingredients on tortilla a little off center and evenly across the tortilla in a horizontal line in this order: 2 slices halved provolone cheese, 3 slices deli ham, 3 slices salami, 4 slices pepperoni, 3 to 4 strips of roasted red bell pepper, 1 tbsp pepperoncini peppers.
- Roll the pinwheel into a tight tube, starting at the end with the filling. Use a sharp knife to slice the pinwheels into 1 inch slices. OR wrap the tortilla roll in plastic wrap and store in fridge until ready to eat, then slice. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW