Ever since I made the Spicy Italian Crescent Ring, I’ve been dreaming of making a Spicy Italian Panini. Seeing as August is National Panini Month, I figured now was the time to do it!
With school season back in full swing, easy dinner options are a must in our house. These panini’s are such an easy weeknight dinner, and they’re completely customizable too. While my husband and I prefer the spicy meats and pepper rings in our sandwich, our kids love a simple ham and cheese panini.
I’m just happy with the fact that it’s an easy dinner and that my kids are getting some nutritious cheese in the process!
Want to know a secret?
I don’t even own a panini press! You don’t have to own a specialized small appliance to make this tasty hot pressed sandwich. I used my indoor grill (similar to a George Foreman grill) to heat up this sandwich, but even two heavy pans would work.
All you have to do is heat up a pan (a grill pan would leave those beautiful grill marks, but it’s not necessary), place your filled sandwich on the pan and then place another heavy skillet on top. If it’s not heavy enough to give it a good squish just place something heavy (like a wrapped brick) into the top pan to weigh it down.
The end result is a deliciously toasted sandwich filled with warm meats and gooey cheese.
It’s enough to make a grown man weak in the knees.
Trust me, my husband was wobbly after consuming this bad boy.
This sandwich is full of flavor and spice, and I think you’re going to flip for it!
Spicy Italian Panini
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh basil, or dried
- 1/4 lb. deli sliced ham
- 1/4 lb. deli sliced spicy salami
- 1/4 lb. deli sliced spicy capicollo
- 8 provolone cheese, 1oz slices
- 1/2 cup jarred, spicy sliced pepper rings, drained
- 1 roasted red bell pepper strips, drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 4 large ciabatta sandwich rolls, split
- Combine the first three ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Spread the mayo mixture on the insides of each roll.
- On the bottom of each roll top with a slice of cheese, followed by a layer of roasted red bell pepper strips, a layer of ham, salami, capicollo, pepper rings, and top it with another slice of provolone cheese. Place the top on the roll on top and use a hot panini press or indoor grill to press the sandwich together for about 1 to 2 minutes. Enjoy warm.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
Disclaimer: I am proud to be a compensated ambassador for Arizona Milk Producers, reminding you to get your 3 daily doses of dairy! All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Wash You Dry possible.