School is getting ready to start up again… holy smokes, where did the summer go?
Technically, my kids still have about a month to go, and that’s only if the teachers aren’t still on strike. Please teachers… come to some sort of resolution about this, so my kids can get back to school on time!
Anyways, with school starting, you’re probably looking for quick and easy dinners. And boy have you come to the right place! This Spicy Italian Crescent Ring is out of this world delicious, and takes just a few minutes to ensemble, bake and enjoy!
I took three types of delicious deli meats and layered them with some roasted red bell peppers, spicy pepper rings and two layers of melty, gooey cheese.
My favorite sandwich from Subway was my inspiration here (the Spicy Italian), and it came out beautifully! This sandwich ring would be perfect for parties, or even just weeknight dinners at home. That dressing in the middle is a creamy italian dressing, which is perfect for dipping.
Think of how customizable this sandwich is too! You could pack just about any classic sandwich combo inside of a flaky Pillsbury crescent roll and have an instant hit!
I created this popular recipe for Pillsbury, and you can find the step-by-step photos RIGHT HERE.
Or skip ahead to the FULL RECIPE HERE.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Spicy Italian Crescent Ring
- 2 cans, 8 oz Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, from a jar
- 8 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 1/3 lb deli sliced hot salami
- 1/4 lb deli sliced ham
- 1/4 lb deli sliced capocollo
- 1/2 cup hot pepper rings, from a jar
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cooking sheet).
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 8 rectangles. On ungreased 12-inch pizza pan, arrange rectangles in ring so short sides of rectangles form a circle in center. (Dough will overlap; half of each rectangle will hang over edge of pan. Dough ring should look like a sun.)
- Spread roasted red bell peppers toward center of ring on bottom halves of rectangles. Top with half of the cheese. Layer salami, ham and capocollo slices over cheese. Arrange pepper rings over top. Cover with remaining half of cheese.
- Bring each dough rectangle hanging over side of pan up over stacked filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around sandwich until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little). Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.
Disclaimer: I’m proud to be a compensated Pillsbury TasteMaker. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support I Wash You Dry.
I have made this for my husband and dad on a day they were working on the house. It was a hit! this is also great for get togethers! We also yummy!
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know Kelly! 🙂
Hi, i saw this delicious recipe and i am definitely going to try it !! but i searched my local stores for the ” 2 cans of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls ” and i can’t seem to find it ! is there an alternative for this which i can use instead?
I tried this recipe and it was very good. Able to puck up like a sandwich but is was very soggy on the bottom.
Thank you for posting step-by-step photos. I never would have been able to figure it out from the Pillsbury site instructions w/out your visual guide.
This is perfect football-viewing food.
This is good. Highly recommend you roast own peppers cuz the bottom of mine (cooked on pizza stone) still came out gooey due to moisture
despite nice crust so you cant pick up as sandwich. I even tried to griddle bottoms but started to mess it up. Overall good flavor nice presentation and great for “game day” and/or “on the go” family night. Suggest bowl of italian dressing in middle of ring for additional zip others can choose to use.
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom
Shawn, oh my goodness. . I love this! What a great idea for a weeknight meal! looks so good!!
Thanks Alice! 🙂
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen
This looks amazing Shawn! I love the lighting in that first photo – and it made my mouth water! 🙂
amanda @ fake ginger
Yummy! My kids start in 2 days so I’m definitely looking for easy and quick meals.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)
Girl that looks mindblowing good!!!!!
Michele @ Alwayzbakin
That looks absolutely delicious! I’m always looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal. The summer passed me by so quickly this year.