School is getting ready to start up again… holy smokes, where did the summer go?
Technically, my kids still have about a month to go, and that’s only if the teachers aren’t still on strike. Please teachers… come to some sort of resolution about this, so my kids can get back to school on time!
Anyways, with school starting, you’re probably looking for quick and easy dinners. And boy have you come to the right place! This Spicy Italian Crescent Ring is out of this world delicious, and takes just a few minutes to ensemble, bake and enjoy!
My favorite sandwich from Subway was my inspiration here (the Spicy Italian), and it came out beautifully! This sandwich ring would be perfect for parties, or even just weeknight dinners at home. That dressing in the middle is a creamy italian dressing, which is perfect for dipping.
Think of how customizable this sandwich is too! You could pack just about any classic sandwich combo inside of a flaky Pillsbury crescent roll and have an instant hit!
I created this popular recipe for Pillsbury, and you can find the step-by-step photos RIGHT HERE.
Or skip ahead to the FULL RECIPE HERE.
Spicy Italian Crescent Ring
- 2 cans, 8 oz Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, from a jar
- 8 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 1/3 lb deli sliced hot salami
- 1/4 lb deli sliced ham
- 1/4 lb deli sliced capocollo
- 1/2 cup hot pepper rings, from a jar
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cooking sheet).
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 8 rectangles. On ungreased 12-inch pizza pan, arrange rectangles in ring so short sides of rectangles form a circle in center. (Dough will overlap; half of each rectangle will hang over edge of pan. Dough ring should look like a sun.)
- Spread roasted red bell peppers toward center of ring on bottom halves of rectangles. Top with half of the cheese. Layer salami, ham and capocollo slices over cheese. Arrange pepper rings over top. Cover with remaining half of cheese.
- Bring each dough rectangle hanging over side of pan up over stacked filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around sandwich until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little). Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.
Disclaimer: I’m proud to be a compensated Pillsbury TasteMaker. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support I Wash You Dry.