I know exactly what you need this morning, a nice warm slice of this Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing!
I took a couple of these loaves of bread with us to our new property up in the “mountains” last week for Fall break.
I say mountains loosely because our 31 acres is really just a hill.
One cool thing is that there is a small “cabin” on top of said hill.
I say cabin loosely because it’s really just a glorified shack.
But if I were to say we went to our shack on the hill, it doesn’t sound as impressive as, we went to our cabin in the mountains… you know? 😉
Anyway, we went out to our property this past weekend and spent some time fixing up this shack. We put in a new floor and I brought my sewing machine to hem some curtains. It’s looking pretty cute inside so far, and the views outside are amazing.
We don’t have any power or water up there yet, so we are using generators and bringing our own water for now.
We’re also bringing our food from home, and that’s where this bread comes in!
This recipe makes 3 small loaves of bread, which are perfect for sharing… or keeping. I brought some with us and we enjoyed it for an easy breakfast with some fruit one morning.
The bread itself is moist and flavorful, but with a thin layer of icing on top… it’s perfection!
I took my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf recipe and tweaked it slightly to make this bread. I wanted to make it extra moist, so I added some evaporated milk in place of the water. I use evaporated milk in my pumpkin pie recipe, so why not?!
The results were amazing!
You’re going to love this bread whether you eat it in a shack or cabin! (or at home… whatever!) 😉
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing
This Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing is moist and flavorful, but with a thin layer of icing on top… it’s perfection!
- Prep Time: 20 min.
- Cook Time: 50 min.
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: makes 3 loaves 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the Icing:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease and flour 3 (8×5) loaf pans and set aside.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl and beat until combined. Beat in the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix just until combined. Pour into the prepared pans until they’re filled approximately 2/3rds of the way full. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
For the Icing:
- Whisk together the icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over the cooled bread. Slice and enjoy!
The bread gets more flavorful on the second day!
Keywords: pumpkin, sweet bread, maple