This quick and easy Creamy Horseradish Sauce Recipe is the perfect condiment to compliment prime rib, steak or roast beef!
What Is Horseradish?
Horseradish is a root vegetable that’s used as a spice and prepared as a condiment. For this recipe I’m using prepared horseradish, which comes in a jar and can be found in the mustard aisle of your grocery store.
There are typically different kinds of prepared horseradish – mild, hot, extra hot, etc. Plain horseradish is pretty strong, so if you’re not familiar with the flavor, start out with the mild version and increase in intensity from there.
Ingredients Needed For Horseradish Sauce:
- Prepared Horseradish
- Sour Cream
- Dijon Mustard
- Freshly chopped parsley or chives
How to Make Creamy Horseradish Sauce:
This recipe could not be simpler.
- Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir together!
- Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
What Do You Eat with Horseradish Sauce?
This sauce is smooth and creamy with the perfect punch of heat from the horseradish. Here are some great ways to utilize this delicious condiment:
- Prime Rib
- Roast Beef
- The Best Steaks Ever
- Beef Tenderloin
- Roasted Potatoes
- Use it in place of the sour cream in my Deviled Eggs
My husband loves to eat horseradish plain, which is very strong (almost too strong if you ask me), so that’s why I like to mix it with the sour cream and mayo to make the flavor a little more subtle, without blowing you away.
I’m sure you’re going to love this dip as much as we do!
Creamy Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley or chives, freshly chopped
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.