Lately I’ve been obsessed with my Butterfinger Protein Shakes.
I have one for breakfast nearly every morning, and if you’re interested I’ll share the recipe with you (it contains no candy, btw). It’s a combination of chocolate protein powder, peanut butter and sugar free butterscotch pudding mix. It’s like drinking a butterfinger for breakfast. LOVE!
*UPDATE: Click HERE for the Butterfinger Shake Recipe*
The other day I was browsing through a Taste of Home magazine and found a recipe for some butterscotch cheesecake bars, then quickly remembered my butterfingers, and knew I had to transform them into these Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars.
Unlike the protein shake, these bad boys do contain candy bars… and chocolate, and butterscotch chips… oh and cheesecake. Yum.
The base is a simple combination of chocolate cake mix, butterscotch pudding mix and peanut butter. The crust alone tastes like a butterfinger, people!
The cheesecake layer is swirled with crushed bits of butterfinger and then topped with a crumble of the crust layer, as well as a handful of chocolate and butterscotch chips. And more butterfingers of course.
It’s an easy treat to throw together, but it’s sinful and rich and should definitely be shared amongst friends and family members. 😉
I took these to a girl’s night get-together and they were a hit.
So if you love the taste of butterfingers and cheesecake then you’re definitely going to enjoy these Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars.
You better lay your fingers on these Butterfingers! 😉
Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust:
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1.4 oz butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp canola oil
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 butterfinger bar, chopped
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 Butterfinger candy bar, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, peanut butter, egg and oil; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 9x13" baking pan. Bake 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in the crushed butterfinger, spread over cooled crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Sprinle with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and remaining crushed butterfinger. Return to oven and bake 1 minute longer. Cool on wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate 2 hours or until cold. Cut into bars. Enjoy!