I’m a huge fan of Almond Joy candy bars, and I’m also partial to the deliciously flaky shortbread cookie crust from my Pecan Pie Bars…
So I decided to do the logical thing and combine the two into these amazing Almond Joy Cookie Bars.
These bars are actually fairly easy to put together and disappear even quicker. My kids couldn’t get enough of these and kept begging for more. I had to cut them into tiny squares because they are really rich, but totally worth it!
Each bite is filled with buttery shortbread cookie crust, sweet coconut filling, crunchy almonds, and a delicious chocolate topping!
What’s not to love about that?!
Obviously, if you’re more of a Mounds Bar lover, you can leave the nuts off and there ya go- Mounds Cookie Bars!
You know what they say… sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t! 😉
Make these Almond Joy Cookie Bars, take a bite, and slip into your coconut safe haven!
Almond Joy Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup dry roasted almonds, whole or chopped
- 1 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 9x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the ingredients for the crust. Use your hands or a pastry cutter to combine, until the mixture is crumbly. Pour into the baking dish, and press into an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile combine the filling ingredients in a large bowl and carefully spread over the cookie crust in an even layer. Return to oven and cook an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour.
For the Topping:
- Spread the almonds over the top of the coconut layer. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals at 50% power, stirring in-between, until the chocolates are smooth and melted. Pour over the almonds and gently spread to coat evenly.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing into bars. Enjoy!