This creamy Veggie Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe is a super quick and easy weeknight dinner. Packed with fresh veggies and topped with melty cheese and crisp bacon. It’s an instant family favorite!
I’m teaming up with Bob Evans Grocery to share this amazing and tasty one pan dinner! I’ve taken their creamy White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese and amped it up with fresh veggies and crispy bacon. Pop it in the oven and let it get nice and bubbly, then enjoy!
It seriously doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. With a short list of ingredients, you can have dinner on the table in a flash.
Simple Veggie Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Thanks to the refrigerated, fresh already perfect, Bob Evans White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese, this really is the most simple recipe to make!
No boiling noodles and mixing up a cheese sauce, this creamy goodness is easily thrown together with fresh seasonal veggies in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
The creamy white cheddar sauce on the macaroni and cheese, paired with the fresh veggies reminds me of a simple Pasta Primavera recipe.
What Veggies To Use
I’m using some seasonal veggies in this recipe, but you could easily swap out anything you don’t like for another veggie that you do.
- Diced Onions
- Chopped Asparagus
- Frozen Peas & Carrots – I prefer to use the frozen kind, because I feel like the canned are too mushy for this recipe.
You can use other veggies like… squash, zucchini, red bell peppers would be nice in this recipe too.
You really don’t need to add any extra sauce to the recipe, it’s plenty creamy all on it’s own.
However, if you’re reheating leftovers and you feel like it’s lost a little of that creaminess, you can add in a splash or two of milk as it reheats.
What To Serve With Baked Macaroni
My go-to side dish with this recipe would be a simple side salad.
You can also serve it with a side of garlic breadsticks to make it truly delicious.
Tips and Variations
- Make sure you have all of your veggies chopped up and ready to go, as this dish is really fast to prepare!
- Heat the macaroni and cheese according to the package instructions PRIOR to adding to the pan. This will help it all bake nice and fast in the oven.
- Swap out any of the veggies for equal amounts of whatever you like.
- Serve right away for maximum creaminess.
- To make this dish vegetarian, you can leave out the bacon and use a tablespoon of olive oil in it’s place.
My family and I really love this recipe for busy weeknights.
Thanks to the Bob Evans White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese dinner comes together in under 30 minutes!
Veggie Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 4 strips thick cut bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots blend
- 2 (20 oz) packages Bob Evans White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet to a paper towel lined plate. Leave at least 1 to 2 tbsp bacon grease in pan.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt over medium heat. Toss in the onion, garlic, broccoli and asparagus and cook until vegetables are tender (about 5 to 7 minutes). Add in the frozen peas and carrot blend and cook until heated through.
- Add the white cheddar macaroni and cheese to the skillet and stir to combine. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and crisp bacon pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: