That moment when afternoon hunger sets in (but it’s not quite dinner time), set out a tub of Sabra Hummus filled with Pistachio Rosemary and Lemon Hummus Topping. Surround it with all your favorite dippers like pita chips, mini sweet peppers and cucumber, and your family will love you!
I’m pretty sure Pistachio is the new “it” ingredient for 2016.
I recently went to a new trendy pizza place in town and they had pistachio and lemon on top of some pizzas and even their salads. You guys, it was amazing.
I took some inspiration from that along with some inspiration from Sabra’s Rosemary and Sea Salt hummus… amazing!!
I basically combined the two and it’s beyond words.
I used to have a rosemary bush in my front yard when I lived in Canada. I would walk by it every day, brush my hand across it’s leaves and smell the fresh rosemary. It’s one of my favorite smells.
I combined the fresh rosemary leaves, a few pistachio nuts, some fresh lemon zest, a pinch of coarse sea salt and a little drizzle of olive oil in a pestle and mortar.
It takes just a few seconds to combine all the flavors and then just scoop them on top of a tub of Sabra Hummus for a quick “unofficial meal.”
I went with the classic hummus to top, the flavors are so amazing!
Seriously… pistachios… you heard it here!
My kids are BIG TIME fans of hummus with fresh veggies like cucumbers and mini sweet peppers. So when that mid-afternoon hunger rolls around, and I’m knee deep in preparing dinner, I’ll place a tub of this hummus on the counter top and let them have at it.
I don’t worry if they’re not too hungry when dinner rolls around because I know they’ve filled up with good stuff.
You seriously need to try this topping out though.
It’s amazing on so many levels.
Pistachio Rosemary and Lemon Hummus Topping
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, fresh
- 15 pistachio nuts, shells removed
- 1 lemon zest
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, more if desired
- 1 tub Sabra Classic Hummus
- Combine the rosemary, pistachios, lemon zest, sea salt and olive oil in a pestle and mortar (or a food processor) and grind (or pulse) a few times until the nuts are ground and the rosemary is fragrant.
- Place the mixture on top of a tub of Sabra Classic Hummus and enjoy with your favorite dippers like pita chips, sliced cucumbers or mini sweet peppers.
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Sabra. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.