Mediterranean Hummus Stacks are a fun and simple way to snack, with three layers of delicious flavors in one!
These Mediterranean Hummus Stacks are seriously so simple to make, and since I always have these ingredients on hand, we often enjoy this quick snack as our “unofficial meal” before dinner.
Are you tired of fending off the, “Can I have a snack?” question when there’s only an hour or so before dinner time?
My kids are relentless. It’s like they’re never ending pits of hunger.
My answer to that question is always, “you can snack on either veggies or fruit.” To which, they always roll their eyes and walk away.
Just kidding, my 5 year old always grabs an orange.
But for the other kids, I figured it was time to get creative in the kitchen. I always have fresh veggies, olives and Sabra hummus in my fridge. (I’m convinced I was Greek in my previous life.)
I can quickly toss together some cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and onion with some dill and lemon zest and I’ve got myself a super tasty Greek salad.
Is that enough to impress these kids of mine? Maybe.
But I’m not willing to stop there.
I took our favorite way to snack to the next level by creating these Mediterranean Hummus Stacks, and guess what? My kids freaking LOVED them!
They couldn’t be easier either. Just layer your ingredients in a 1-cup measuring cup and then invert onto a serving dish.
What better way to celebrate #NationalHummusDay (May 13th) than with some Sabra hummus in these super fun and totally easy stacks!
Aren’t they gorgeous?!
I always seem to have a tupperware full of brown or white rice in my fridge from a previous dinner, so it’s a great way to repurpose those leftovers!
I could not stop eating this with some crispy veggie chips, and it was the perfect snack to tide my kids over until dinner.
These Mediterranean Hummus Stacks would be perfect for occasions like:
- Meatless Monday
- Girl’s night in
- National Hummus Day
- Family movie/game night
- A romantic appetizer for a dinner for two
- The “Unofficial Meal” for all mothers of kids who have bottomless pits for stomachs
You get the idea. 😉
Whatever the reason you’re enjoying these stacks, just make sure you go for the Sabra Hummus. It’s a game changer.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Mediterranean Hummus Stacks
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped small
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped small
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped small
- 1/3 cup purple onion, chopped small
- 1 tsp dill, I use the herb paste found in the refrigerated produce section
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup Sabra classic hummus
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked (either warmed or at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Vegetable chips or crackers for serving
- Combine the cucumber, tomato, olives, onion, dill and lemon zest in a bowl and mix.
- Use a 1-cup measuring cup to make the stacks.*(see notes) Fill about 1/3 of the cup with the vegetable and olive mixture and pat down to an even layer. Spread about 1/4 cup of the Sabra hummus over the top in an even layer. Pack the rest of the cup with the brown rice.
- Invert carefully onto a small plate by placing the plate on top of the measuring cup and then flipping over in a quick motion. Pull straight up on the measuring cup, letting the contents stay on the plate.
- Garnish the top of the stack with a 1/2 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy with vegetable chips or crackers.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Sabra Hummus. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!
Your topic is very great and useful for us…thank you
Yummy!! Thank you so much for sharing such a delicious recipe with us. I’ll try this at home.
Looks like a killer combo! Thanks for sharing
Obat Herbal Kencing Nanah
Thanks for the shared recipes.
Lisa @ Wine & Glue
How fun are these??
Gina @Running to the Kitchen
This is so pretty! What a great idea! Love it!
So pretty! Looks like a killer combo!
Love these Shawn!! Loving all of the Sabra recipes this week! xo
Lauren Kelly Nutrition
I want ALL the stacks! I adore hummus and I am a picky lunch eater so these are perfect for me. I can’t wait to try them!