Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bars have a buttery crust, creamy cheesecake filling and a sweet crumble topping.
I love making a warm fruit crumble and then topping it with a nice big scoop of creamy ice cream.
These Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bars are like that, only upside down and… a little different.
With the creamy cheesecake layer on the bottom and the layer of fruit and crumble on top, it’s a decadent dessert that will cover all the sweet cravings you have.
Start off by making the crust for the cheesecake bars. The simplest way to do this is to place the graham cracker sheets in a zip-close bag and run a rolling pin over it a few times till they are fine crumbs.
Then just pour the butter, brown sugar and salt right into the bag and smoosh it around until the crumbs are all coated with butter and mixed well. No dishes involved!
Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and press the crumbs flat to the bottom of the pan.
Bake the crust for a few minutes, and then get to work on the cheesecake layer.
Combine the cream cheese and sugar in your mixing bowl and mix until blended and smooth. Add one egg at a time and blend until smooth, making sure to scrap down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
Add the salt and sour cream and blend until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the pan on top of the baked crust.
Smooth it out so it’s even and then top it with blueberries. If blueberries are not in season for you, you can also use frozen!
Mix up the ingredients for the crumble topping and sprinkle it all over.
Let it sit at room temperature till it’s cooled down and then chill it in the fridge for a few hours. Grab hold of the parchment paper on both sides of the pan and gently pull it up and out of the pan.
Now you’re able to cut the cheesecake into little bars.
You’ll love these bars.
Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: makes 16 bars
For the Crust:
- 8 sheets of graham crakers
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
For the Cheesecake:
- 16oz. cream cheese at room temp.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs at room temp.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
For the Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tbsp salted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
For the Crust:
- Place the graham crackers in a zip close bag and use a rolling pin to crush into fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar and a pinch of salt to the bag and mix until combined.
- Press evenly to cover the bottom of the lined baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, but keep oven set to 325 degrees.
For the Cheesecake:
- Place cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of your mixer and beat until smooth. Add one egg at a time and continue to mix. Add the sour cream and salt and mix until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared crust, then sprinkle the blueberries evenly on top.
For the Crumble:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar and butter in a bowl and use a fork or pastry cutter to create a coarse mixture. Stir in the oats and almonds then sprinkle over the top of the blueberries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is only slightly jiggly. Let cool at room temperature before placing in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- Use the parchment paper to pull the cheesecake out of the pan and cut into bars. Enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
This recipe was originally published on 10/29/2012. Updated with new photos on 5/16/2017.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!