I’m hopelessly addicted to all things pizza… and Sabra hummus… there is always a container of Sabra hummus in my fridge.
So when I was craving something pizza-ish, I spotted my favorite red-topped container of hummus and a light bulb went off.
These Pizza Hummus Taquitos were born… and then quickly devoured. Such is life.
Before we go any further I MUST TELL YOU something!
Right now through February 15th if you buy Sabra and Stacey’s pita chips together, snap a picture and you’ll score a $5 gift card!
Find all the details at the “Dipzone.”
But seriously how cool is that? It’s like you’re getting paid to eat some delicious food! That has to be the best job in the world.
I’m not sure if you know this, but Sabra actually does have a Pizza Hummus in their line-up.
I haven’t found it in my local stores yet, so in the meantime, I created my own!
Super simple! Just grab a container of Sabra’s classic hummus and add a few seasonings and tomato paste right to the container.
I love that I don’t even have to get another bowl dirty.
Hooray for less dishes!
Once your pizza hummus is mixed up spread a good tablespoonful onto a small tortilla.
Top with cheese. yes.
And a little pepperoni. of course.
Roll them up and give them a good spritz of cooking spray.
All that’s left is to bake them until they turn nice and crispy!
The pizza hummus is so good inside of these! It’s like a thin crust pizza rolled up and completely portable!
Perfect for Super Bowl or, if you’re like us, whenever that pizza craving hits!
Don’t forget to get your $5!
Three cheers for pizza + hummus!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Pizza Hummus Taquitos
- 1 Sabra Classic Hummus, 10oz container
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp each: garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non stick spray and set aside.
- Open the Sabra hummus and add in the tomato paste, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, and parsley. Stir until combined.
- Microwave the tortillas for about 30 seconds so they are pliable and roll easy. Spread about a tablespoon of hummus in the middle of the tortilla, forming a line. Top with a little mozzarella cheese and some mini pepperoni. Roll up the tortilla tightly, enclosing the filling. Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Once they are all on the baking sheet, spray the tops and sides of the tortillas with cooking spray and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Sabra. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.