If you’re in search of a fantastic grilled chicken recipe, you have got to try this Mango Margarita Chicken!
I’ve taken the classic margarita chicken and infused it with mangoes and a gorgeous fresh mango salsa. It’s not only a beautiful dish, but it’s simply bursting with flavor too!
I hope your Easter weekend was a blast! I had a great time with family and friends, myself.
One thing that was different – it was my birthday on Easter. I’ve never had my birthday actually fall on Easter before, so this was a new experience for me. I actually really loved being able to share the day with family, and especially my kids. Easter is just a really fun holiday and it was neat to share that experience on my birthday.
On a side note- getting older is not really as bad as I thought. I can remember when I was fresh into my 20’s, thinking how “old” my 30 year old friends were. Wondering how much different my life would be when I was that old.
To be honest, my brain still feels like I am young. My body… yeah, it’s definitely getting older, but nothing too drastic (I’ve had 4 kids, so there’s that). But when I talk to newly 20 year olds, I can’t help but feel…. older. ha!
I guess when it comes down to it, I’ve matured over the years, but I still feel young at heart. I’m sure I’m not alone in that feeling.
What I really love about this chicken is how versatile it is once you’ve grilled it. I make a huge batch of chicken then I’ll slice it up and store it in the fridge for chicken salads, sandwiches, tacos, or even burritos.
When you top it with some fresh mango salsa, it’s a tropical burst of flavor. Perfect for this gorgeous Spring weather we’re having.
I don’t know about you, but grilling season is one of my absolute favorites!
You’re going to love this delicious and easy meal!
Mango Margarita Chicken
For the Mango Salsa:
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 roma tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 1/3 cup diced purple onion
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt , to taste
- Place the chicken between two sheets of parchment paper and pound to an even thickness. Place in a zip close bag and add the mango margarita mix, olive oil, garlic powder and lime juice. Marinate the chicken for 2 to 3 hours (the longer, the more intense the flavor).
- Heat the grill over medium high heat and brush the grates with olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper then grill chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Meanwhile prepare the mango salsa by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and stirring to combine. Serve the chicken with the salsa on top.