Fiery flavor ready in a flash, Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs with Mango Salsa are quick and easy for super fast weeknight dinner. Topped with a refreshing Mango Salsa, this meal will be a summer favorite all season long.
Hi everyone! I’m Kellie from The Suburban Soapbox and I’m super excited to be a new contributor here at I Wash, You Dry!
I’ve been a long time fan of Shawn’s tasty recipes so it’s an absolute thrill to be able to share some of my favorites with all of you. I’m also a busy mom just trying to get dinner on the table in a hurry with as few dishes as possible. I absolutely hate doing dishes so I love firing up the grill to keep messes at a minimum.
We grill tons of chicken at our house and our favorite dinners are bursting with flavor like these Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs with Mango Salsa.
They’re super easy to make and you can even marinade the chicken up to a day in advance. The Mango Salsa is the perfect companion to the slightly spicy chicken. I like to serve my kabobs on a bed of fluffy white rice and sprinkled with chopped, fresh cilantro. Sliced avocado is not a bad idea either. 🙂
If you’re not a fan of mango or have trouble finding it in your local grocery store, this pineapple salsa is an excellent substitute!
These Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs have knocked our favorite Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs out of first place in our meal planning line up.
I’ll be whipping them up weekly for sure since clean up is a breeze!
Just a resealable bag for your marinade, some tongs for turning the chicken, a bowl to mix your salsa and a platter for serving. Summer is too short to be standing around doing dishes all night long, don’t you agree?
And if you’re looking for more something a little easier than a kabob….you should definitely try THIS Mango Margarita Chicken or THIS Honey & Dijon Chicken.
They both look incredible and you won’t have to worry about stabbing yourself with a skewer. 🙂
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs with Mango Salsa
For the chicken:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, fresh
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 8 6- inch wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
For the salsa:
- 1 1/2 cups mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped and fresh
- 2 tablespoons serrano chili pepper, minced (or jalapeño pepper for a milder flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime juice
- Place the olive oil, lime juice, zest, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne and coriander in a resealable bag. Seal the bag and mix the ingredients together by gently squeezing the bag.
- In a medium bowl, add the mango, pepper, onion, cilantro, chili pepper, salt and lime. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add the chicken to the bag and press out the air. Seal the bag and marinade for 1 - 24 hours.
- Thread 4-5 pieces of chicken on each skewer being sure to leave space between each piece so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Grill chicken for 4 minutes. Flip the skewer and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with the salsa. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Yum! I love the flavors you combined! We love mango salsa in this house and I can not wait to try this chicken!
I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Oh this recipe looks so delicious and quick to make, I have to try this soon!
Thanks Ann! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂