This Lemon Raspberry Stuffed Pound Cake is a beyond easy dessert recipe and tastes out of this world!
I’m at it again with the pound cake.
You guys, I can’t help it. Between cheesecake and pound cake I’m a lost cause. It must be the dense and buttery cake that draws me in. Or maybe it’s the fact that it’s a blank canvas for adding all the flavors a girl could ever dream of…
Either way, this Lemon Raspberry Stuffed Pound Cake needs to happen in your life.
When I say easy dessert, I really mean easy!
I start with a frozen pound cake. Yes, feel free to make your own if you prefer, but when you’re in a time crunch, by golly, those frozen pound cakes are life savers!
Anyways, frozen pound cake. Obviously, let’s thaw it out. Doesn’t take long. Just let it sit on the counter while you gather your other ingredients.
You’ll want some frozen whipped topping (thawed, of course), a few raspberries, and some lemon curd.
Oh how I adore lemon curd.
It’s the perfect way to brighten any day. Especially these gorgeous spring days we have been having lately! If you’ve never used lemon curd before, you need to. It’s creamy and tangy and the consistency of a silky jam. You can usually find it in jars near the jams and jellies or sometimes by the canned pie filling.
Spread some whipped topping on the bottom half of your pound cake and then top with a layer of gorgeous red raspberries.
I mean, how pretty is that?!
Whoa, whoa, whoa… it just got all sorts more pretty up in here with that lemon curd on top… am I right?!
Drizzle the lemon goodness all over the raspberries and then top it with the top half of the pound cake.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy…
You could stop here and serve it without the lemon glaze on top, but it adds the perfect sweetness to this simple dessert.
It really takes it to the next level and makes this dessert a show stopper!
All that’s left to do is slice it up and serve!
You’ll be surprised at how quickly this disappears. My kids and I couldn’t get enough of it!
We won’t talk about how many slices I enjoyed… 😉
Just make sure you grab a slice before it’s gone!Print
Lemon Raspberry Stuffed Pound Cake
- 1 frozen Family size pound cake, thawed (or homemade if preferred)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (found by pie filling or jams)
For the Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Divide the pound cake in half, horizontally.
- Spread the thawed whipped topping over the bottom half of the pound cake and top with raspberries in an even layer. Carefully drizzle the lemon curd over the top of the raspberries. Place the top half of the pound cake on top of the bottom half.
For the Icing:
- Combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and heavy cream in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and combined. Add more heavy cream to thin the icing if needed.
- Pour the icing over the top of the pound cake and spread to cover the top, letting excess drip down the sides. Slice, serve and enjoy!