This Lemon Bar Magic Cake has three gorgeous layers of deliciousness in one super easy cake!
Ok, let’s talk about these layers.
You start off with a basic box cake mix. For this one I went ahead and used a French Vanilla flavor.
Then I whipped up the ingredients needed for a deliciously tart and sweet lemon bar.
Super simple – eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and just a touch of flour.
Then you pour this over the top of that French Vanilla cake mix and bake it!
The magic happens during the baking process. The lemon bar filling slowly sinks to the bottom, while the cake bakes to the top! You’re left with two perfectly even layers of lemon bar and fluffy cake!
Now let’s make a super simple, lemon infused frosting!
All you need are three ingredients – lemon pudding mix, milk and cool whip. Whisk together the pudding mix and milk, then fold in the cool whip and your frosting is done!
If you’re a lemon fan, you’re going to absolutely LOVE this cake!
Of course we could have made an actual lemon cake rather than a French Vanilla cake, but I didn’t want to overpower the dessert with too much lemon. As it stands, this is perfection.
The lemon bar filling on the bottom is perfectly sweet and tart with a moist and fluffy cake and creamy lemon infused frosting on top. It’s a party in your mouth!
Bring this cake to your next get together and watch it disappear!
I mean, doesn’t everyone just love lemon desserts?
This will be one that NO ONE has ever seen before!
What other flavors of Magic Cake would you like to see? Let me know in the comments!
Lemon Bar Magic Cake
- 1 French Vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients needed to make - eggs, oil, water
For the Lemon Bar Filling:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons , zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice, about 4 lemons
For the Frosting:
- 1 sugar free instant lemon pudding mix, 1oz pkg.
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 1 Cool Whip, 8oz container, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13" cake pan and set aside.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions and pour into the prepared cake pan. DO NOT BAKE, set aside.
- Combine the 2 cups sugar, flour, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk together until sugar is dissolved. Pour over the prepared cake mix. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting! Whisk together the lemon pudding mix with the cold milk until smooth and thickened (about 2 minutes), then fold in the thawed Cool Whip, until fully combined.
- Spread the frosting over the cake and enjoy right away or chill, covered, in the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!