Serve this hearty quiche for either breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. It’s great any time of the day!
Quiche is one of my all time favorites. It’s the perfect combination of savory and yet, still tastes like a treat because of the pie crust.
I especially love this recipe because we’re using ham instead of bacon or sausage, which is perfect for any leftover Easter Ham.
Easy Ham Cheddar Quiche Recipe
If you’re not familiar with a quiche, it’s an egg based dish that’s baked in a pie crust and filled with an assortment of ingredients.
It’s usually a great way to clean out the random leftovers you have in the fridge or freezer.
Ingredients for Ham and Cheese Quiche
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe. As always, you can find the full recipe located in the recipe box below.
- 9″ pie crust – you can make my homemade version or a store bought pie dough will work
- Diced Ham
- Shredded Cheese
- Shredded Potatoes – I’m using frozen hash brown potatoes
- Half and Half
- Tastefully Simple® Onion Onion Seasoning – packed with loads of spices!
- Tastefully Simple® Bacon Bacon seasoning – adds a great savory flavor!
- Black Pepper
How To Make Ham and Cheese Quiche
There are a couple things to keep in mind for the PERFECT quiche recipe.
- Par-bake your pie crust – Start by par-baking your pie crust so that you end up with a nice and flakey crust, not a soggy one. To do this you’ll line your pie crust with parchment paper, fill with pie weights or dried beans and bake until the edges of the crust start to turn pale.
- Fill your pie crust – Add your fillings, in this case, we’re using diced ham, shredded potatoes and shredded cheese. Don’t overfill your quiche, just use about 2 cups total of filling.
- Whisk your eggs – The key to the best quiche is making sure you whisk your eggs and half and half until they are a nice pale yellow. Add your seasonings and pour over the quiche filling.
- Bake until center is set – You want to pay close attention and not over bake your quiche, or it’ll be dry and rubbery. Just bake until the center is no longer jiggly.
Make Ahead Quiche
One of the questions I get asked a lot is if you can make quiche ahead of time. The short answer is yes, however, I find that quiche tastes the best when it is fresh out of the oven.
That being said, to make quiche ahead of time, you simply prepare the quiche as stated in the recipe card below, let it cool completely, cover with plastic wrap and then store in the fridge or freezer.
Prepared quiche can be stored, tightly covered, in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. OR Frozen for up to 3 months.
TO REHEAT: If your quiche has been kept in the fridge, take it out, and let it come to room temperature. Cover the crust with aluminum foil or a pie shield. Heat your quiche for 15 to 20 minutes or until the inside of the quiche is at 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out your warm quiche, remove foil or pie shield, and serve.
Or you can simply cut the quiche into slices, and reheat in the microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds per slice.
What To Serve With Quiche
Quiche is a great main dish for a breakfast or brunch. Here are a few of my favorite things to pair with it…
More Easy Egg Recipes
Find yourself with a lot of eggs? These delicious eggy recipes are perfect for you…
Tastefully Simple Spices
Trust me when I say that these multi-use spices deserve a spot in your pantry! Lucky for you, I’ve got a discount code to get you well on your way!
For 10% off online orders through May 1, 2021, use “IWYD” at TastefullySimple.com
I can’t wait for you to give this simple quiche recipe a try! I know you’re going to love it!
Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 9 inch pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup ham, diced
- ½ cup hash brown potatoes, shredded (from frozen)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp Tastefully Simple® Bacon Bacon Seasoning
- 1 tsp Tastefully Simple® Onion Onion Seasoning
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out your pie crust and fit it into a 9" pie pan, crimping the edges as desired.Line the pie crust with a large sheet of parchment paper, so the edges of the parchment come up along the sides of the pie crust. Fill the parchment paper with pie weights or dried beans, up to the top.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust edges turn a pale color. Carefully remove the pie crust from the oven. Remove the parchment paper by picking up each corner of the parchment and pulling straight up. Set pie weights or beans aside in a bowl to cool. Return the pie crust to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, until the base of the pie crust is pale in color also.
- Add the cheese, ham and potatoes to the warm pie crust and toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and half and half until the mixture is a pale yellow, with no streaks of yolk in it. Mix in the Tastefully Simple seasonings and black pepper and pour over the quiche filling.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is no longer jiggly. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: