I’m so excited to share this Chocolate Bottomed Peanut Butter Pie with you guys! It took me several tries, but I finally figured out the perfect recipe, and you’re going to absolutely LOVE it!
A couple weekends ago when I flew to Utah to celebrate my Grandmother’s 80th birthday I got to talking with one of my Aunts. We talked about some different recipes, and then she told me I should make a chocolate and peanut butter pie. Well, that got my brain wheels moving and I couldn’t stop thinking about this pie.
First of all – chocolate. Secondly – peanut butter.
IN. A. PIE.
After I made a chocolate and peanut butter cake, I knew a pie was going to be epic.
And sure enough, it was totally epic. And did I mention totally easy too?
Oh yeah, suuuuuper easy.
The only baking you do is to pre bake the pie crust, which is super easy if you buy a pre made pie crust, so go ahead and do that.
The chocolate ganache layer is a creamy and rich layer of decadent chocolate, that’s easily made in the microwave. The fluffy peanut butter mousse on top is a simple 4 ingredients – instant vanilla pudding mix, milk, peanut butter and Cool Whip.
I’m telling you guys, this pie can be done and ready to go in about 40 minutes from start to finish, and that’s including the time it takes to bake the pie crust and let it cool.
The taste is phenomenal too. You’re going to be getting high-fives all around for this one.
Dive-in to chocolate and peanut butter heaven!
Chocolate Bottomed Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 9 inch pie crust (such as Pillsbury), pre baked according to package instructions
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 1 vanilla pudding mix, small box INSTANT
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- 8 - 10 Reese's mini cups, chopped
- 2 tbsp melted chocolate for drizzling
- Combine the chocolate chips, heavy cream, corn syrup and vanilla extract in a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute, then stir with a whisk until the chocolate mixture is smooth and creamy. (If chocolates are not melting you can heat for an additional 15 seconds at 50% power). Pour the chocolate into the pre baked pie crust and smooth out into an even layer. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the peanut butter mousse by whisking together the instant vanilla pudding mix with 1 cup of cold milk until smooth. Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for just 10 seconds to loosen it up a bit, and then add it to the vanilla pudding. Whisk until smooth and thick. Gently fold in the thawed cool whip until fully incorporated. Pour on top of the chocolate layer.
- If you'd like, decorate the top with chopped Reese's cups and a drizzle of chocolate. Keep stored in fridge until ready to enjoy.