I’m so excited to share this Chocolate Bottomed Peanut Butter Pie with you guys! It took me several tries, but I finally figured out the perfect recipe, and you’re going to absolutely LOVE it!
A couple weekends ago when I flew to Utah to celebrate my Grandmother’s 80th birthday I got to talking with one of my Aunts. We talked about some different recipes, and then she told me I should make a chocolate and peanut butter pie. Well, that got my brain wheels moving and I couldn’t stop thinking about this pie.
First of all – chocolate. Secondly – peanut butter.
IN. A. PIE.
After I made a chocolate and peanut butter cake, I knew a pie was going to be epic.
And sure enough, it was totally epic. And did I mention totally easy too?
Oh yeah, suuuuuper easy.
The only baking you do is to pre bake the pie crust, which is super easy if you buy a pre made pie crust, so go ahead and do that.
The chocolate ganache layer is a creamy and rich layer of decadent chocolate, that’s easily made in the microwave. The fluffy peanut butter mousse on top is a simple 4 ingredients – instant vanilla pudding mix, milk, peanut butter and Cool Whip.
I’m telling you guys, this pie can be done and ready to go in about 40 minutes from start to finish, and that’s including the time it takes to bake the pie crust and let it cool.
The taste is phenomenal too. You’re going to be getting high-fives all around for this one.
Dive-in to chocolate and peanut butter heaven!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Chocolate Bottomed Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 9 inch pie crust (such as Pillsbury), pre baked according to package instructions
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup, or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 3.4 oz vanilla pudding mix, *instant
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- 8 - 10 Reese's mini cups, chopped
- 2 tbsp melted chocolate for drizzling
- Combine the chocolate chips, heavy cream, corn syrup and vanilla extract in a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute, then stir with a whisk until the chocolate mixture is smooth and creamy. (If chocolates are not melting you can heat for an additional 15 seconds at 50% power). Pour the chocolate into the pre baked pie crust and smooth out into an even layer. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the peanut butter mousse by whisking together the instant vanilla pudding mix with 1 cup of cold milk until smooth. Heat the peanut butter in the microwave for just 10 seconds to loosen it up a bit, and then add it to the vanilla pudding. Whisk until smooth and thick. Gently fold in the thawed cool whip until fully incorporated. Pour on top of the chocolate layer.
- If you'd like, decorate the top with chopped Reese's cups and a drizzle of chocolate. Keep stored in fridge until ready to enjoy.
So the pie crust isn’t baked at all and consumed raw.?
No, the instructions clearly state to bake the pie crust. Sorry you missed it! 😉
Use a vanilla Wafer pie crust. Soooo good
Awesome! Sounds great!
Not a name in sight
we didnt have enough chocolate hips so I used a bit of cocoa powder and it still tasted yummy
I love this pie. Very easy to make. I use Graham cracker pie crust instead. Really yummy.
I Love this recipe, but living in The Netherlands, I have a few questions, I hope you can help me.
– A small box of instant vanilla pudding… can you give me the weight?
– the don’t have cool whip, cab i replace it by something else?
The small box should be 3.4oz. You could sub whipped cream for the cool whip.
I have a graham cracker pie crust. Would this work too? Thanks- looks awesome!
Yes that graham cracker pie crust will work also
I made this for the first time a few weeks ago, and it is AMAZING! I used a graham cracker pie crust because it is what I had on hand, and it was PHENOMENAL like that. I am making it again to take to our family Christmas. This is a new favorite in our home! Thank you, Shawn!
Awesome!! So glad you liked it! 🙂
can you freeze this pie?
I’ve never tried freezing this, but I’m sure it would be ok! 🙂
Can you use a graham cracker crust ?
I have made it with Graham cracker pie crust. Really yummy.
Was wondering if you thought I could use a graham cracker crust for the crust? Or would that be too many different flavors?
I made this today. I used a shortbread crust.. I love chocolate and peanut butter together, but I did not care for the chocolate layer at all. The peanut butter layer was ok. Our 5 year old liked it. He had two pieces!
This was so great! For the chocolate drizzle, I just threw some chocolate chips in a bag and put the bag in a cup of hot water until it melted. Then I cut a small corner off the bag and drizzled away!