You know you have a problem when all you think about is this Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Pie. You guys… it’s seriously life changing.
I’m talking, call your BFF right now and tell them you’ve found the perfect recipe for your next party, life changing.
This is my first dessert recipe of 2017! How have I gone this long without sharing something sweet??
I didn’t want to just share any old dessert recipe for my first one of the year, it had to be epic. And this pie is absolutely epic.
Remember my Chocolate Bottomed Peanut Butter Pie? I took that dessert concept and flipped it! So now there is a peanut butter ganache on the bottom and a light and fluffy chocolate mousse on top!
I don’t know which pie I like more, it’s seriously a toss up. They’re both so good!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Pie
I’m a hardcore peanut butter fan, so the peanut butter ganache that fills the bottom of this pie is probably my favorite. I saved a little bit of the ganache to drizzle over the top of the chocolate mousse too. I know it kind of looks like caramel, doesn’t it? But it’s not!
You’ll want to use those peanut butter morsels that you find by the chocolate morsels for this recipe.
Look how gorgeous that chocolate mousse is!! It’s piled so high, and it’s seriously so light and fluffy!
I used a graham cracker crust for this pie, which just makes it super quick to put together, but a regular pie crust that’s been pre-baked would also work for this recipe.
You’re going to fall in love with this dessert, just like I did. It’s a peanut butter & chocolate dream come true!
Peanut Butter Bottomed Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 1 9inch graham cracker crust
For the Peanut Butter Bottom:
- 1 2/3 cup peanut butter morsels, found by the chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 instant chocolate pudding mix, 3.4oz box
- 1 cup milk, cold
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
To make the Peanut Butter Bottom:
- Combine the ingredients for the bottom in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 1 minute, stir and heat for another 30 seconds on 50% power, until the mixture is smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture and pour the rest into the graham cracker crust. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
To make the Chocolate Mousse:
- Whisk together the chocolate pudding mix with 1 cup cold milk until smooth. Fold in the thawed whipped topping until fully combined. Pour mixture over the peanut butter layer and use the remaining peanut butter mixture to drizzle over the top. Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then slice and enjoy!
PRODUCTS FEATURED IN THIS RECIPE
(may include affiliate links)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE PICTURE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!