I’m sharing this Cheesy Red Pepper Tortilla Pizza over on Better Homes and Garden’s Delish Dish blog today!
You know how much I love anything pizza, right?
I’m a huge fan of pizza hacks, where I can make quick shortcuts to get pizza in my face that much faster.
Oh geez, I have issues.
Anyways, the original recipe that I found on BHG’s website for this pizza called for a refrigerated pizza dough underneath the fresh veggies and mozzarella cheese. Instead I opted to make it on a tortilla!
I’ve done this before, with this BBQ Chicken Tortilla pizza, which is fantastic!
This little number didn’t disappoint either.
The tortilla makes for an ultra thin and crispy crust and the toppings are perfect for using up your late summer garden bounty.
So fresh and so so easy. You’re going to love this one!
Cheesy Red Pepper Tortilla Pizza
- 2 large wheat tortillas, whole
- 1/2 cup roasted red and/or yellow sweet peppers, sliced, patted dry
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons spinach, shredded fresh (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, fresh sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons basil, snipped fresh
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly spritz the tortillas with non-stick cooking spray and add to a pizza pan or large baking sheet.
- Top the pizza with the pepper strips, tomatoes, spinach and mozzarella cheese slices. Season with black pepper.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until crust is crispy and cheesy is melted. Enjoy!
- GET ORIGINAL RECIPE HERE
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW