Have you seen the new Cookies ‘n Cream Hazelnut Spread from Jif yet?
Heaven in a jar, y’all!
A couple weeks ago I had a really fun experience.
I spoke with Kelly Ripa on the phone! It was a conference call with a couple of bloggers, Jif and Kelly. We chatted all about being moms, the stresses of going back to school, what to feed those kids, our favorite vacation spots, etc. So basically Kelly and I are BFF’s now.
Ok, maybe not. But she was actually really nice to talk with!
Obviously we chatted about Jif’s two new Hazelnut Swirled Spreads: Cookies ‘n Cream and Chocolate Cheesecake. She mentioned the Cookies ’n Cream version, but I hadn’t seen or tasted it yet. Kelly said her son’s favorite way to enjoy it was with a spoon. And after trying it… I’m pretty sure that’s how I’ll devour this whole jar.
But first… I made these Mini Cookies and Cream Hazelnut Pies for you!
These couldn’t be easier to make.
I took the idea from my Mini Lemon Cream Pies and transformed them into a chocolaty concoction. They’re dreamy!
I use a 3″ flower cookie cutter to cut out about 24 mini pie shells. I just use a Pillsbury piecrust, so it is really quick and easy.
Drape the pie dough over the backside of a mini muffin tin, then bake until they’re golden brown and flaky.
Grab a spoonful of this glorious spread and fill each little pie crust with it.
You have to use mega will-power to not lick the spoon.
Once the pie shells are filled, all that’s left is to top them off with some whip cream and a mini Oreo cookie!
I actually used some cool whip, but you could make your own whip cream if you want.
Wouldn’t these be just a perfect, “Welcome home from your first day of school!” treat?!
Oh and if you’re wondering… Kelly’s favorite after school snacks include celery sticks, avocados, and basically anything light and easy.
I might have suggested filling celery sticks with some hazelnut spread… to which she was actually very receptive.
My kind of gal. 😉Print
Mini Cookies and Cream Hazelnut Pies
Get a perfect bite size dessert with these Mini Cookies and Cream Hazelnut Pies!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 1 box Pillsbury pie crust (two pie crust rounds)
- 1 jar of Jif Swirled Cookies ‘n Cream Hazelnut Spread
- 1 tub of Cool Whip, thawed*
- 24 mini Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roll out pie crust on a clean surface and use a 3 inch round (or flower shape) cookie cutter to cut out 12 mini crusts from each round, making 24 total pie crusts. Drape the pie crusts over the back side of a mini muffin tin, space them out so they do not touch. Bake the crusts for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly on the muffin tin before carefully removing to cool completely.
- Fill each pie crust with a teaspoon of Jif’s Cookies ‘n Cream Hazelnut Spread, followed by a dollop of Cool Whip and a mini Oreo cookie. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
*If desired, prepare your own whipped cream instead of using Cool Whip. Place 1 1/2 cups of chilled whipping cream in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar for sweetness, and continue whisking until combined.
- Serving Size: 24
The new Jif Hazelnut Spreads are available in grocery stores nationwide, visit Jif.com for more info and recipe ideas.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Jif. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.