I may be slightly obsessed with anything lemon right now.
My husband and I were on a drive to the town next to us when all of a sudden the idea of these Mini Lemon Cream Pies popped into my head. I envisioned these cute little daisy shaped pies filled with a bright and cheery lemon flavor.
I knew instantly I wanted to create a simple lemon mousse to fill the pretty pie shells. But when I got home I had this jar of lemon curd leftover from making my Lemon Burst Cupcakes and I couldn’t resist adding a little bit of that in there too.
To make the cute little pie shells I used a trusty Pillsbury pie crust and a flower cookie cutter. I’m going to say it’s about 3 inches wide, so anything close to that will work.
Lay the pie cut-outs on the back of a mini muffin tin, spaced out so the crusts won’t touch.
I was able to get 24 total mini pie crusts out of the two Pillsbury crusts. You could of course skip this part and just pre bake a single pie crust and fill it with the lemon curd and lemon mousse.
I just love the mini ones, they’re the perfect two bite dessert!
Once the pie shells are baked and cooled you’ll fill them with a teaspoon of lemon curd and then mix up this simple lemon mousse that’s seriously delicious!
All you need is a box of instant lemon pudding mix, 1 cup of milk and 8oz of thawed cool whip.
Combine the pudding mix with the milk and whisk until smooth.
Add the cool whip and then gently fold it into the lemon pudding.
The color will turn to a pale yellow once it’s all mixed together. It sets up to a nice fluffy texture with a beautiful lemon flavor.
Place a tablespoon of the delicious lemon mousse on top of the lemon curd and Ta-da! You’re all done!
Nothing left to do but enjoy these delicious Mini Lemon Cream Pies.
Just be careful, because they are super addictive.
Once you have one, you won’t want to stop!
Mini Lemon Cream Pies
- 2 pie crusts, unbaked
- 1/2 cup jarred lemon curd
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3.4 oz lemon instant pudding mix
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use a 3 inch flower or round cookie cutter to punch out as many shapes as you can per pie crust. Roll scraps of dough together and cut out more shapes until you can get 24 total.
- Place pie cut outs on the back of a mini muffin tin, spaced out so the pie shells do not touch. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. Let cool on muffin tin, then carefully twist and pull up to remove.
- Fill each cooled pie shell with a teaspoon of jarred lemon curd.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the cold milk with the lemon pudding mix until smooth. Gently fold in the Cool Whip until fully combined. Place a tablespoon of the lemon mousse on top of each pie shell. Store in fridge until ready to enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW