These Cheesy Lasagna Pasta-Stuffed Shells are a comfort dinner that’s made to please even the pickiest of eaters!
You guys, let me tell you… this is a pasta lover’s dream right here.
Who needs a blanket on a cold winter’s night, when you can snuggle up with this comforting baked pasta dish?!
Cheesy Lasagna Pasta Stuffed Shells Recipe
Tiny pasta shells are tossed in a cheesy sauce then stuffed into larger pasta shells before being smothered with pasta sauce, covered in even more cheese and then baked to perfection.
It doesn’t get much better than that!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Cheesy Lasagna Pasta-Stuffed Shells
- 24 dried jumbo shell macaroni
- 8 oz dried tiny shell macaroni, 2 cups
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 24 oz jar favorite tomato pasta sauce
- fresh basil leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook jumbo shells according to package directions. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer shells to a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain well and set aside. In same pan cook tiny shells according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl whisk together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and egg. Stir in the tiny shells.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spoon cheese-shell mixture into drained jumbo shells; place stuffed shells in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining pasta sauce.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW