Get ready for the easiest and most delicious chocolate, caramel and pecan dessert recipe!
These Turtle Brownie Bites take a classic tradition to the next level!
Do you have the same tradition that I did, growing up?
Every year around Christmas time, by dad would buy a large bag of pecans and a big bag of caramels and Rolos (the chocolate covered caramels).
We would sit for what seemed like hours, arranging pecans in a turtle patter, with little legs pointed out.
Then we would top each collection of turtle legs with a caramel. Pop it in the oven and let the caramel soften and cover the pecans.
Next was my favorite part. We would have already unwrapped all the Rolos, and been eagerly waiting the caramel covered pecans to come out of the oven.
Once they were out we would top each with a single Rolo and watch it melt ever so slightly into the hot caramel.
I took all the goodness from that classic treat and made it into a bite-sized brownie.
Perfectly crisped outer edges (my favorite part), a Rolo center and a crunchy pecan right on top. Just like in the original, you’ll eagerly wait for the brownies to come out of the oven before popping a Rolo into the center and watching it melt ever so slightly. Then, for some extra goodness, drizzle a little more melted chocolate on top.
But what really steals the show is that caramel center.
These brownie bites are definitely worthy of becoming a new family tradition.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Turtle Brownie Bites
- 1 package brownie mix, plus ingredients required (oil, eggs, etc)
- 30 Rolos, chocolate covered soft caramels, unwrapped
- 30 pecan halves
- 2 oz. chocolate candy melts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package instructions and fill each mini muffin cup 2/3 the way with batter. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until brownies are cooked through.
- Once removed from the oven, immediately press a rolo into the center of each brownie bite. Then top with a pecan half. Let cool completely.
- If desired, melt the candy melts according to package instructions and drizzle over the tops of the brownies. Let cool. Enjoy!
I think it is wonderful to have such a time saving recipe book. Please call Grandmother Mary.
Wow, delicious, wanna try these when I have the time, you are great because you have shared it.
Just made these – really easy, fast and delicious. I only cooked the minis for 13 minutes, though, so maybe less cook time. Yum!
Thanks Tami! Glad you liked them!
Wow – such a great combination of textures. I love Rolos and Pecans too. This is a must try for me. thanks Shawn!
They’re so great! Thanks Jeff! 🙂
What a fun (and sweet) tradition, I love it! 🙂 And I love the looks of these brownie bites – mmmm!
Thank you Roxana! 🙂