I just got done dropping my husband off at the airport. He’ll be gone for 6 days, which basically translates into –Party Time!!
Well, more like – I’ll order a pizza tonight. Then watch girl shows while simultaneously surfing Facebook and Instagram. I may also binge on Diet Dr. Pepper and this Peppermint Brownie Pizza.
Is it too early to be baking with peppermint?
I don’t think so.
Chocolate and peppermint are a year round thing to me. Junior Mints? Yeah- I’d enjoy those any day of the week.
I originally dreamed of making a brownie cookie that was topped with a fluffy peppermint buttercream icing and sprinkled with crushed candy cane kisses. Perfectly cute and tasty.
Then I got lazy and didn’t want to have to frost individual cookies.
Ain’t nobody got time for that!
But… problem – I still wanted that peppermint brownie cookie!
So I compromised and made a large brownie cookie (or pizza). Then I whipped up some deliciously light and fluffy peppermint buttercream icing, crushed up some candy cane kisses and I had my delicious treat, in much less time!
The fudgey brownie is tender on the inside with a crisper “crust” that tastes like a cookie. The peppermint frosting is subtle and refreshing, and the crunch from the kisses give it a perfect balance of textures. I drizzled the pizza with some chocolate syrup to add just a little more chocolate.
It’s delicious. Try it out and taste for yourself!Print
Peppermint Brownie Pizza
This Peppermint Brownie Pizza is topped with a fluffy peppermint buttercream icing and sprinkled with crushed candy cane kisses.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 min.
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box Brownie Mix (for an 8×8″ pan)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
For the Peppermint Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, more if desired
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Candy Cane Kisses, chopped
- Chocolate Syrup for drizzle, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brownie mix, 1 egg, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 2 tbsp water until a soft dough forms. Spread dough onto a lightly greased 12″ pizza pan. (use a pan that does not have holes in the bottom). Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick just barely comes out clean from center. Don’t over bake!
- Whip the butter in your mixer with a whisk attachment until light and fluffy. Add the peppermint extract and heavy cream. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating in-between additions. Add more cream for a thinner frosting, or more powdered sugar for a thicker frosting.
- Spread frosting on top of FULLY COOLED brownie pizza. Sprinkle with chopped candy cane kisses, then drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Keywords: peppermint, brownie, cookie