Popcorn is a popular treat during the holidays.
It’s one of the easiest edible gifts to whip up and give to neighbors and friends. But seriously, I could make a batch of this Peppermint Popcorn Mix and eat it all by myself.
It’s filled with delicious things like Candy Cane Kisses, Peppermint Oreos, fluffy marshmallows and it’s covered in a peppermint flavored white chocolate.
In order to flavor the white chocolate with peppermint, I used Peppermint Oil. The oil is much more potent than an extract, so you don’t need as much. It also mixes very well with the chocolate, to create a silky texture. You can find flavored oils in the cake decorating section of Walmart or most craft stores.
Once it’s all mixed up, spread it out to cool on some wax paper. You can drizzle some dark chocolate all over because… well, it’s the Holidays, and a little more chocolate never hurt anything. 😉
This refreshing little treat didn’t hang around our house for very long. It disappeared as quickly as it was made.
Darn… looks like I’ll have to make another batch! 😉Print
Peppermint Popcorn Mix
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate candy melts
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint Oil
- 12 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, coarsely chopped
- 8 Peppermint Oreos, cut into quarters
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- red sugar crystals (sprinkles)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- Melt the white chocolate melts according to package instructions, once smooth, stir in the peppermint oil.
- In a large bowl combine the popcorn and candy cane kisses. Pour the white chocolate over top and gently fold it in with a rubber spatula to evenly coat. Pour onto a large wax paper lined baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle with the miniature marshmallows, sprinkles and cut up Oreos.
- Heat the dark chocolate according to package instructions and drizzle over the popcorn. Let cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an air tight container. Enjoy!