You guys. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this Dark Chocolate Brownie Pudding Cake.
I mean… dark chocolate, brownie, warm pudding sauce, and let’s not forget the crunchy hazelnuts!
What’s not to love about that?!
I’m not sure if you’ve ever experienced a pudding cake before, but they’re awesome. Moist and fluffy cake (in this case – a brownie) on top, warm and silky pudding on the bottom. I love how they are made too, it’s pretty neat.
You mix up your brownie batter and spread it into the bottom of your pan. Then you mix up a combination of brown sugar, dark cocoa powder and hot water. Pour this over your brownie batter and bake.
The transformation is nothing short of magical.
The brownie rises to the top and the bottom becomes a molten layer of dark chocolate pudding goodness.
It begs to be served with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream right on top.
I made this recipe from one of Better Homes and Garden’s recipes on their site, then I made a few modifications and am sharing what I did over on their blog, Delish Dish. So go over there, grab the full recipe, say hi, and then make some brownie pudding cake!!Print
Dark Chocolate Brownie Pudding Cake
This Dark Chocolate Brownie Pudding Cake is sweet with warm pudding sauce and topped with crunchy hazelnuts!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons special dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup special dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, granulated sugar, the 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, the baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the hazelnuts.
- Get the full instructions HERE.
Keywords: dark chocolate, brownie, pudding, cake, hazelnuts