If you’re looking for The Juiciest Turkey Burgers then you’ve come to the right place!
I know we’re three months into the year already, but I’m still trying to keep my New Year resolutions to eat healthier. I love a good burger, but sometimes I need something that’s a little more friendly on the waistline. That’s where these delicious turkey burgers come in to play!
How To Make Juicy Turkey Burgers
- The key to making the turkey burgers nice and juicy is to not over mix them.
- I add in mayo to give it extra moisture, but you can substitute mayo with plain non fat Greek yogurt.
- An egg is used to help bind the turkey burgers together when grilled.
- Shape the patties and then refrigerate or freeze them before placing on the grill.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat and give it a good spritz with non-stick spray to avoid any sticking.
These turkey burgers are great because you can pre-mix the patties and then freeze them for later if needed.
I place mine on parchment paper and freeze them flat before I’ll stack them with extra parchment paper between.
One of my favorite spices that you’ll find in these juicy turkey burgers is poultry seasoning. It’s not a lot, but it really brings a delicious herbed flavor to the burgers that really makes a difference.
I also like to add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a subtle pop of heat.
As for the burger toppings, my personal favorite are lettuce, tomato and onion. I also load up on ketchup and mustard, for a good ol’ classic burger.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
The Juiciest Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey, or ground chicken
- 1/4 cup mayo, or plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp finely diced onion
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix just until combined, being careful not to over mix. Divide the mixture into 4 balls and form into patties about 3/4 of an inch thick. Cover with plastic wrap and place the patties in the fridge or freezer for about 15 minutes prior to grilling.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat and coat the grill with non-stick spray to prevent sticking. Grill on for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until internal temperature is 155 degrees F. Remove from grill and cover with foil for at least 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top turkey burgers with your choice of burger toppings and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
These are amazing! My family absolutely loves these burgers!!
We so enjoyed your burger I used a cast iorn skillet and it was good! This could be my new go to for burgers juicy and moist with less calories. I also skipped the bun thanks a lot!
Fantastic! So glad you enjoyed the burgers!
These are amazing and juicy. So easy to make and so low calorie. I use non-fat Greek yogurt. These have become a staple in our dinner rotation. Thanks for the recipe!
These burgers were so moist and juicy I actually thought they weren’t done and used my meat thermometer lol. My husband doesn’t care for turkey burgers because he says they’re too dry but he was forced to eat these due to dietary restrictions. He told me to cut his in half because he was only eating half. I could see the look on his face as he eyed the half burger in his hand. Needless to say he ate the WHOLE burger lol. These are definitely a winner! Oh and I know it’s a late answer but I cooked these on the stove in a cast iron skillet with a tad bit of olive oil instead of the grill and they were beautifully brown and fantastic. Thanks for the recipe!
That’s so awesome Jennifer! I love it when we can turn people into a believer of JUICY Turkey Burgers!! Thanks for your comment!
Can you make these in a skillet on the stove as well? Would they still be juicy and not dry? should you cover them while cooking?
Did you ever get an answer because I also want to know the same thing.
Thank you for your recipe. It’s really useful
I have been starting to cook with curry and I’m really enjoying it. This recipe was great and so simple to follow. Thank you
I tried making the bread stick. They did not turn out like yours. They took a lot of flour to roll out and in the oven they stayed flt and didn’t rise like yours. I do not know what I did wrong.
Oh I’m sorry Lorne! You’ll want to make sure you use the self rising flour that has the baking powder in it already. 🙂