Super Easy Lemonade Cake Recipe is bursting with that sweet and tart lemonade flavor in a slice-able cake!
It’s no secret that I love all things LEMON! I took that obsession one step further with this soft and fluffy, yet super moist Lemonade Cake.
School just got out for my kids on Wednesday and it’s amazing how you can go from 100mph on the last day of school, to totally chill and relaxing the next day. I’m absolutely loving it. Instead of making a lemonade stand this summer with my kids, I’m planning on making this super easy Lemonade Cake all the days.
The first thing you want to do is bake up a lemon cake mix, just like the directions state on the box.
Once the cake is done baking, and before it’s cooled, you’ll poke holes all over the cake with fork. Then you’ll whisk up some lemonade concentrate with a little powdered sugar and pour it all over the top.
While the cake is still warm it will easily absorb all that lemony goodness. Let it come to room temperature and then chill it until it’s nice and cold.
Whip up some of my lemonade buttercream frosting and spread it over the top!
The frosting has a cream cheese and butter base, which is super smooth and creamy. It’s sweetened with extra lemonade extract and powdered sugar, so it’s a breeze to make!
Spread the frosting over the cool cake, slice and enjoy!
This cake is cool and refreshing, with that delicious lemony flavor. You’re going to really enjoy this one!
Super Easy Lemonade Cake Recipe
- Yield: serves 12 to 16
- 1 (15.25oz) Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cake mix with the water, oil and eggs according to package instructions and pour into a 9×13″ pan. Bake for 28 to 33 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Poke a fork, many times, into the top of the warm cake. Meanwhile whisk together the 1 cup lemonade concentrate with 1 cup powdered sugar. Pour evenly over the cake. Let soak in until the cake has cooled to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
For the Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and lemonade concentrate (with one pinch of salt) and mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the cake. Slice and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!