This Pumpkin French Toast Bake is one of my all time favorite breakfast casserole type recipes. It’s filled with a delicious pumpkin pie flavor and topped with a delightful brown sugar crumble.
I’m already planning to make this for Christmas morning!
You know I’m a fan of the savory breakfast casserole, but oh mama… these sweet french toast bakes always hit the spot.
I especially love that I can mix everything together the night before and finish the baking in the morning.
I used some Thomas’ English Muffins for the base of my french toast bake. I love how all the pumpkin flavor is just soaked up into all the nooks and crannies of the bread.
It’s a no-brainer type breakfast. And on busy mornings (Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years), a no brainer breakfast is just what I need.
Oh my heavens, how are we already talking about Christmas and New Years?!
Have you already started shopping?
I have. (insert gritted teeth emoji here)
You guys… I can have a conversation with my husband in text message via just emojis. What is this life?!
So shopping… I’ve done some, but I’m mostly just making mental notes of all the things I want to get for my husband, kids, friends, neighbors… I’ve got an amazing neighbor/friend gift that I’m sharing later this week on the blog, so make sure to stop by for that. 😉
So back to this amazing breakfast – can we talk about that crumb topping?
Yeah, so I basically fell in love with the crumb topping on this pumpkin cake, and I started putting it on all. the. things.
Also, there were no leftovers of this casserole. None. We practically licked the dish clean.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Pumpkin French Toast Bake
This Pumpkin French Toast Bake is filled with a delicious pumpkin pie flavor and topped with a gorgeous crumb topping. It’s a family breakfast casserole that you just can’t get enough of!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 12 Original Thomas English Muffins, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- Lightly coat a 7×11 or 9×13 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray. Add the cut up Thomas English Muffins to the casserole dish and spread into an even layer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, then add the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine. Pour the mixture over the top of the bread, trying to coat evenly.
- *You can either cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge over night or let soak for about 15 minutes and bake right away.
- Before baking make the crumb topping – melt the butter in a small pot over medium-low heat. Add the brown sugar, salt and vanilla and stir just until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the flour. Let the mixture cool before crumbling and sprinkling over the pumpkin French toast bake.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until set in the center. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy with fresh whipped cream and maple syrup!
Keywords: pumpkin, french toast, bake, english muffins, eggs, milk
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Thomas Breads. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.