These Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Muffins are everything you love about a hearty breakfast all wrapped up in a cute muffin cup and ready to take with you on the go!
Savory breakfasts are my fave!
Remember my chickens?
Well, they are pretty much the coolest things ever.
We have 4 chickens now (one didn’t make it), and they are all producing one egg per day.
That’s 28 eggs per week. Guys… I’m drowning in eggs.
White, brown and blue eggs. Yes… one of our girl’s lays blue eggs! They’re so pretty!
Good thing my kids love eggs.
I’ve been making so many of these awesome egg casserole cups because my family just devours them. They’re super easy to whip up on a weekend and have breakfast ready for the entire week!
I added sausage to these cups, but I’ve made it with bacon before too. Both are extremely good!
But what I love the most is when I use the Thomas English Muffins.
The english muffin’s nooks and crannies are perfect for soaking up the egg mixture and creating a delicious and hearty breakfast cup!
Give everything a good stir in the a large bowl and then all you have to do is scoop the mixture into lightly greased muffin tins.
If you wanted, you could bake the whole thing in a casserole dish for a delightful breakfast, but I love the muffins because they’re quick and easy to grab and go!
You can store them in the fridge or even the freezer for a longer period of time.
I package them in little zip close baggies and that way I can pop on in the toaster oven (microwave works too).
They’re fantastic with a dollop of sour cream and a splash of hot sauce!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Muffins
- 8 oz. bulk breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 Thomas’ English Muffins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12 cavity muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook the breakfast sausage in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up and crumbling it until it’s no longer pink. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard and paprika. Add the coarsely chopped English Muffins, cheese, green onions and cooked sausage to the bowl, stir to combine. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes before filling up the muffin cups evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the eggs are set and cooked through. Run a knife around breakfast cups to remove from the muffin tin and enjoy warm.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Thomas’ Breads. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.