Maybe you’ve seen the buzz going around about “The Pizza Cake“?
Well friends, that pizza cake that is making it’s rounds came from my little kitchen. Yes sir, it’s my latest recipe for Pillsbury, and it’s sweeping the nation!
I can’t take all the credit of course, my friends at Pillsbury and I did find inspiration from the what we believe to be the original pizza cake, and I just had to make it our own.
What makes this Pizza Cake extra special is the fact that it’s ready to devour in just about an hour thanks to the awesome Pillsbury Pizza Dough!
My kids and I had a blast making this pizza, and we all held our breath as we took the pizza cake out of the pan. Then there was a moment of silence as we cut the first slice… followed by all sorts of ooooo’s and awwww’s.
In just a few short days this Pizza Cake has been featured on BuzzFeed, TMZ (what?!), and NPR (my husband thinks I’m cool now). I even saw Larry The Cable Guy share a picture of it on his Facebook Page!
Luckily for you I’ve broken down the step-by-step process with PICTURES on how to quickly and easily assemble this pizza cake.
YES, the inside is fully cooked.
YES, the cheese is really melted in the middle (Use real mozzarella and shred it yourself, this will make the difference between melted cheese and non-melted cheese in the center)
YES, this is the most outrageous way to eat a pizza… but it’s just SO. AWESOME.
You’ll definitely want to eat this with a fork, with several napkins nearby. 😉
I created this popular recipe for Pillsbury, and you can find the step-by-step photos RIGHT HERE.
Or skip ahead to the FULL RECIPE HERE.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
- 2 refrigerated classic pizza crust, cans Pillsbury™
- 1 1/2 cups organic pizza sauce, from 15-oz can
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, Muir Glen™,12 oz
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon butter, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Measure diameter of tall-sided ovenproof pan. (Pan used was 6-inch in diameter with 4-inch high side.) Unroll 1 can of dough onto work surface; press out into thin layer. Cut out 3 (6-inch) rounds; place on cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool.
- Unroll remaining can of dough; cut 2 additional (6-inch) rounds from long edge of dough, leaving opposite side untouched. Place rounds on cooled cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet; cool.
- Meanwhile, line pan with cooking parchment paper so that ends of paper stick up and out of pan. Cut long strip of dough at least 1/2 inch wider than height of pan. Carefully drape long strip of dough around inside edge of pan to line, leaving 1/2 inch hanging over outside edge of pan and bottom of pan open. Pinch seam to seal.
- Carefully place 1 partially baked crust round in bottom of pan. Spread pizza sauce over crust; top with pepperoni slices and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (when cheese melts, crust above will stick to it). Repeat to make 3 more layers. For top layer, place last crust over cheese; sprinkle with remaining cheese and arrange remaining pepperoni on top.
- Fold overhanging dough over top layer of pizza cake to make a raised crust edge.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough around pizza cake is fully cooked. (To test, carefully pull up parchment paper to raise pizza cake out of pan.) Once completely baked, cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove pizza cake from pan; brush crust with butter. Use sharp knife to cut slices like you would a cake.
- GET THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS HERE
Disclaimer: I’m proud to be a compensated Pillsbury TasteMaker. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support I Wash You Dry.
This site is just gret. I’ve looked these info a long time and I realised that is good written, easy to comprehend.
I congratulate you because of this article that I am going to recommend to people friends.
I request you to recommend the gpa-calculator.co site where
each learner or college student can find results grade point
average marks. Have a great day!
Inpage Urdu 2009
Very nice Post
Inpage urdu 2009
click here to read
Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.
Thanks for sharing this amazing information.you must read this KMSAUTO NET 2017
Very Wonderful Post Ever!
thank You for sharing.
Absolutely really Amazing Articel and good point in there.
a may bay ba gia
you are good
free Online Games
free Online Game At wheels-games.com
FL STUDIO 12 crack
Post is Excellent .Keep Visiting.I would like to say thanks for this wonderful information.
I love all of your site aand especially this recipe! I made last year for my fiance’s birthday and I still can’t get over how ridiculously amazing it was!! Thank you! Love from Greece!
i just love Pizza…
i love piza with full of cheees
ywow so yummmy i want eat this now….
yummmy foods nice post thanks for sharing…
Just awesome and mouthwatering pizza.
that is so yummy i love this pizza and bake it at my house
This is delicious i tried it many times!
yum yum , watering in month , too delicious
yummy pizza i really like it and try this
Muhammad Aqib Iqbal
Thanks Shawn and Congrats (Y) This looks so yummy. I will love to have dinner with you.
Pizza cake, where have you been all my life?
Where did you purchase your tall cake pan?
Don’t take credit too fast for this “pizza cake” recipe. This ingredient list/recipe may be yours, however the concept of this stuffed pizza was made famous at The Upper Crust Pizza and JD Double Crust Pizza restaurants that were popular from Texas to Georgia in the mid 80s to 90s.
Oh wow! I didn’t know about that chain of restaurants, very cool! 🙂
hmmmm looking so yummy spicy, i am dying to eat it.
that is so yummy i love this pizza and bake it at my house