If you’re searching for a fun way to infuse some fruity flavor into a homemade granola, then this Homemade Fruity Granola is a fun recipe to try!
Earlier this year when General Mills asked me to come up with a handful of fun and exciting ways to use their new fruitier Trix cereal, I was excited. My kids love Trix, and we’ve had a blast creating some really unique recipes.
Making homemade granola is actually a lot easier than you think, and with the prices of granola being kinda high, it can also be a penny saving recipe. Make a big batch on the weekend and have granola for the rest of the week!
You can eat the granola with milk, or my favorite, place it on top of a fruit and yogurt parfait!
To keep this granola out of the “sugar rush” zone I used coconut oil along with a little honey to stick it all together. To compliment the fruity flavors of the crushed Trix I added some shredded coconut and sliced almonds to the granola.
Feel free to add other healthy bits like chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, or whatever your little granola-loving heart desires!
I think you’ll really enjoy this fun and fruity twist to your breakfast routine!
Homemade Fruity Granola
Homemade Fruity Granola is a fun, healthy, and delicious snack or breakfast!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup lightly crushed Trix Cereal
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
For the Parfaits:
- Sliced fruits of your choice (kiwi, mango, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Vanilla flavored yogurt
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, brown sugar, crushed Trix cereal, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl combine the honey, coconut oil and vanilla (if the coconut oil is hard, microwave for just a few seconds to soften it). Pour the liquid mixture into the oats mixture and use your hands to incorporate, and coat evenly.
- Pour onto a lightly greased, rimmed baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes, stir, then add the flaked coconut and sliced almonds. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Granola will harden when cooled.
- Layer the fruit, yogurt and granola in parfait glasses and enjoy!
Keywords: homemade, fruit, granola
Disclaimer: I was compensated by General Mills to create recipes using the new fruiter Trix Cereal. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Wash You Dry possible!