If you’re looking for a delicious dinner recipe that uses less than 5 ingredients, boy are you in luck! These Pesto Chicken Thighs with Broiled Zucchini are quick, easy, and super delicious!
I was in the mood for something with pesto, and when I found this simple recipe for chicken breast in Better Homes and Gardens’ recipe database I knew I wanted to try it.
I couldn’t believe how simple and easy this was to make.
I’m talking 5 ingredients, minimal prep work, and BAM! Dinner is served.
I used chicken legs (it’s the thigh and drumstick together) for this, but you could use chicken breast, thighs or just the drumsticks if you wanted.
These past few weeks have been mega hectic for me. I’ve been traveling every weekend for various blogging related things, and while I am superduper grateful to be able to experience and be a part of such things…
Man do I just miss a good home cooked meal!
That’s what I love about easy meals like this. Even when I’m extremely tired, I can still make a delicious home cooked meal and satisfy that craving.
If you have some basil growing in your garden and you’re ready to use it – try my recipe for Homemade Pesto sauce for this chicken recipe.
That’s a game changer!Print
Pesto Chicken Thighs with Broiled Zucchini
Pesto Chicken Thighs with Broiled Zucchini is a delicious dinner that uses less than 5 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 4 bone-in chicken legs (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/4 cup purchased basil
- 2 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Loosen the skin on one edge of each chicken leg. Using 3 tablespoons of the total pesto, rub about 2 teaspoons pesto under and over the skin of the each leg. Arrange chicken in a 15X10X1-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Remove chicken from oven; cover and keep warm.
- Preheat broiler. Place sliced zucchini on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender, turning once halfway through broiling. Cut squash into 1/4-inch slices. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon pesto. Serve with chicken.
Keywords: pesto, chicken thighs, zucchini, basil