This light and fluffy Coconut Cheesecake is topped with fresh whipped cream and a pile of tropical mango and pineapple, which is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.
I may be a bit biased, but I’m pretty sure I make the BEST cheesecakes around. (example A, also see here, here and here)
Cheesecake is all about the texture.
It needs to be light and fluffy but still hold that dense, creamy texture that it’s infamous for.
I nailed it with this one.
I infused it with coconut flavored Greek yogurt and a touch of coconut extract for the actual cheesecake, but what really puts this one over the top is the crust. I go back and forth between adding Greek yogurt or sour cream to my cheesecakes, either one works, but I love how I can add extra flavor with the Greek yogurt.
Oh and that crust?
Macadamia nuts, shredded sweetened coconut and graham crackers are combined to make a killer base that is packed to the brim with amazing texture and flavor.
You know what is also fun about this cheesecake? One of my friends was eating some coconut flavored Greek yogurt with fresh pineapples and mango and immediately messaged me, saying that she wanted me to create a cheesecake recipe that embodied those flavors.
I love my friends.
Best. Idea. Ever.
If you have some killer ideas for a flavor of cheesecake that you want me to create, send them my way. I’m always looking for a good reason to make more cheesecake!
Not that you need a good reason to make cheesecake, other than the fact that cheesecake is pure awesomeness.
Now pass me another slice.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
For the Crust:
- 8 graham cracker sheets, or about 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, shredded
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake:
- 4 Challenge cream cheese bricks, 8oz, softened
- 1 cup coconut flavored Greek yogurt, 8oz
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 4 eggs
For the Topping:
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a 9"x13" pan on the bottom rack of your oven and fill half way with water. Position a rack just above the pan, in the middle of the oven.
- Combine the graham cracker, macadamia nuts, 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes and 3 tbsp sugar in a food processor and pulse until it becomes a fine crumb. Drizzle in the melted butter and vanilla extract, then pulse until moistened. Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 10" springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla and coconut extract and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of bowl when necessary. Add the eggs one at a time, beating in between. Pour into the spring form pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until the center of the cheesecake is only slightly jiggly.
- Turn the oven off, and crack the oven door open slightly, letting the cheesecake rest inside the oven for 1 to 2 hours. Let cool on counter top until room temperature, then refrigerate (covered) for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile spread 1 cup of shredded coconut on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring halfway through, until it reaches a beautiful golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Just before serving beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and beat till combined.
- Run a knife along the edges of the cheesecake to loosen from the spring form pan. Gently unlock it and clean up any rough edges before topping with the whip cream, fresh fruit and toasted coconut. Enjoy!
disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the Arizona Milk Producers, reminding you to get your 3 daily doses of dairy! All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
This cheesecake looks great. I was wondering if I would be able to half this recipe? What size pan would you use and would you adjust the baking time? Thanks!
I’m excited about this recipe, I’m surprising my boyfriend with it for his birthday. There is only 1 thing I’m confused about. Were we suppose to put the springform pan into the 9×13 pan of water when we bake everything? Because I’ve made cheesecakes like that before, but it wasnt in the directions.
I don’t bake the cheesecake IN the 9×13 pan, but rather put the 9×13 pan on the rack beneath the cheesecake. This gives the cheesecake the moisture in the oven that it needs, without having to worry about water seeping into the springform pan. Hope that clears things up!
Hi! This cheesecake looks wonderful and I can’t wait to try it! I’m wondering how you decide if 1 hour or 2 hours is the appropriate time to leave it in the oven after baking?
It just depends how cool the house is. You’ll want to be able to remove the cheesecake from the oven with your hands. It should be closer to room temperature when taking out of the oven.
I’ve made this cheesecake twicw already it was a hit it is delicious I’m making it again tonight as i have family coming over the werkend and then in two werks from now for my sister’s baby shower.
Thank you for creating such a delicious cheesecake this is one recipe i will keep making for years to come.
That makes me so happy to hear! I’m so glad you have enjoyed it! 🙂
Hi there. Amazing cheesecake recipe. Can we substitute eggs with something else? Wanted to try a vegetarian version.
If only you still lived close I could have had at least one piece! Miss you.
Shawn, this cheesecake is beautiful! I’ve really been craving coconut and pineapple lately, so this really fits the bill. It looks so tasty, I sure wish I had a slice in front of me right now! Guess I’ll just have to make some myself! ; )
You’ll love it Joan! 🙂 Thanks!
This is such a beautiful summer cheesecake. Coconut is my favorite so I know I would love this! 🙂
Thanks Julia! Coconut is one of my favorites too!
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
How have I not made a coconut cheesecake before? LOVE