Oh my! I’m super in love with these Mac and Cheese Pizza Cups!
I’ve taken two of my kid’s favorites – macaroni and cheese and pizza then combined them in a cute and portable muffin cup!
They are seriously super easy to make too, which is great for us busy moms!
So last week I took my daughter on a Carnival cruise to the Caribbean for her 11th birthday. It was a week full of all you can eat ice cream, swimming, all you can eat pizza, more swimming, and then of course all you can eat… you fill in the blank.
Basically we ate a lot.
Re-entry into a world of having to make your own food and make your own bed is hard.
I’m not going to lie, I contemplated squeezing my room steward in my suitcase, but I don’t think I would have made it past customs.
The first night I was back my kids wanted dinner.
And I was like, “Who me? I have to make you dinner?”
Were’s that 24 hour pizza when you need it?!
Obviously pizza was on my mind when I made these Mac and Cheese Pizza Cups.
What’s not to love about that?!
After I piled all the mac and cheese goodness into the muffin cup, I topped each one with a little more pepperoni, pizza sauce, cheese and that crispy crumb topping!
My kids loved these for a quick dinner, but you could also pack these chilled into your kid’s lunch box!
You know, these would make an awesome game-day appetizer too!
Once they’ve cooled a bit you can pick them up with your hands, but I liked eating them while they are still hot, so the cheese is ooey-gooey on the inside!
Bring your fork!
Mac and Cheese Pizza Cups
- 2 cups macaroni noodles, large
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices
For the crumb topping:
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- parsley, freshly chopped (for garnish if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the macaroni until al dente, so they are still a little firm (about 8 minutes). Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and egg to the bowl and stir to combine. Stir in the milk and 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, colby jack cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices and stir to combine.
- Scoop the macaroni noodles into the prepared muffin cups, so they are piled high (I got about two ice cream scoops into each one).
- Use the remaining pizza sauce to spread on top of each muffin cup, followed by the remaining mozzarella cheese. Combine the bread crumbs, melted butter and salt in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Sprinkle the tops with the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes to until the tops are golden brown. Let cool slightly before running a knife around the edges of the muffins to remove from tin. Enjoy!
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Arizona Milk Producers. Reminding you to get your 3 daily doses of dairy! All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: