Let’s get ready for the most wonderful time of year with these Easy Salted Carmelitas cookie bars!
Pillsbury is counting down to Christmas in the most delicious way possible—with freshly baked cookies! Check out the Cookie Countdown page to see a new recipe revealed daily, OR sign up to have them delivered straight to your inbox starting Nov. 24th.
Naughty or nice, this is one list you’ll want to be on!
Have you had a carmelita cookie bar before?
It’s basically an oat filled chocolate chip cookie, stuffed with caramel and topped with chocolate. Also known as pure cookie bliss.
I love that Pillsbury made a super easy version with their chocolate chip cookie dough, it’s so simple to make!
Just combine their ready made chocolate chip cookie dough with some oats and press a little more than half of the cookie dough into a pan and bake it.
Combine some salted caramel topping with a little flour and your caramel filling is ready to go!
Add a few chopped pecans to the remaining cookie dough and mix it together!
Spread that caramel topping over the cookie layer and then sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top.
I mean, how easy is this!?!
I think the most difficult thing about this recipe is waiting for these bars to cool completely.
Make it look extra fancy with a drizzle of chocolate and a sprinkle of coarse salt.
I’m not kidding you when I say that these cookie bars are on high demand in our house! So good and that gorgeous caramel ribbon in the middle is to die for!
Don’t miss the rest of the deliciousness in the Cookie Countdown with Pillsbury! (I suggest signing up with their emails so you don’t miss any of them!)
Easy Salted Carmelitas
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray, or line with nonstick foil.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in oats. Reserve 1 1/2 cups dough in small bowl for topping; set aside. Press remaining dough evenly in pan. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix caramel topping and flour until well blended. Using spoon, drizzle evenly over bars to within 1/2 inch of pan edges.
- Mix pecans into reserved dough. Crumble evenly over caramel. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 45 seconds to 1 minute, stirring until melted. Place in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag, and squeeze to drizzle over bars. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Pillsbury. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.