This super easy Cherry Pie Gallete is a gorgeous dessert that comes together fast!
With summer in full swing, I can’t help but love all the berries and cherries going around!
The Fourth of July is just around the corner, so I thought why not make a super simple dessert that features some berries and a little patriotic color scheme as well?
Bam! This Cherry Pie Gallete instantly came to mind!
I reached for a can of cherry pie filling and a refrigerated ready made pie crust to start off.
Simply roll the pie crust to about 13 inches in diameter and place your pie filling in the center, leaving about 3 inches of the pie crust all around the edges.
The fun part about this rustic pie is that you simply fold over the edges, leaving a little of the filling exposed.
It doesn’t need to be perfect, in fact, I think it looks even better when it takes a fun shape.
I lightly brushed the top of the pie crust with some milk and sprinkled it with some sugar before baking.
This helps the crust get a little more golden and gives it a nice sweetness.
How gorgeous is this cherry pie?! And talk about easy-peasy!
Slice and serve with a dollop of whip cream (or vanilla ice cream) and a few blueberries on top for a super easy patriotic dessert!
Everyone will love this beauty!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Cherry Pie Gallete
- 1 9" pie crust dough, refrigerated
- 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup cool whip, frozen (thawed)
- blueberries, fresh
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pie dough on a sheet of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll the crust to 13 inches.
- Place the cherry pie filling in the center of the pie crust, leaving a 3 inch boarder. Fold the pie crust over the pie filling, leaving the center exposed.
- Brush the top of the pie crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pie crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with cool whip and fresh blueberries. Enjoy!