Do you sometimes get in a lunch rut?
I know I do. Especially when it’s winter time. I usually enjoy salads or sandwiches for lunch, but when it’s cold outside I want something to warm me up. When I’m not slurping down soup, I’m enjoying these Turkey Apple Cheddar Bagel Melts.
I’ve actually been known to make myself a lunch plate that includes sliced turkey, sliced cheddar and sliced apples.
This bagel melt combines all of that onto a toasty bagel. It’s divine.
I even got fancy and threw some micro-greens on top too. I found the micro-greens by the lettuce in my grocery store’s produce section. They add some great color and flavor to this open faced bagel sandwich.
If you have some leftover turkey in the fridge still, this is a great way to use it up!
Oh and can we talk about apples?
Honey crisp apples all the way.
Is anyone else as obsessed with them as I am? If I can’t find the honey crisp variety, I’ll go with a fuji or granny smith. Either way, apples and cheese is a winning combo.
What can’t be beat are the tender insides of these Thomas Bagels. When they’re lightly toasted they have a slightly crisp outer edge with a chewy texture in the middle that’s to die for. You’ll never find my pantry without these bagels.
Whether it’s a lunch for one or a lunch for a group, these open faced bagel sandwiches will be a hit!
Turkey Apple Cheddar Bagel Melts
- 3 Thomas’ Plain Bagels, halved
- 6 tsp horseradish Dijon mustard, divided
- 6 to 12 slices turkey breast, thick cut
- 2 large honey crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 6 slices Colby-jack cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Micro-greens
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bagels cut side up on a large baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake bagels in oven for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Spread the mustard over each bagel and then top with the sliced turkey, apple slices and cheese slices. Return to oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Top with the micro-greens and serve immediately. Enjoy!
disclosure: This post is in partnership with Thomas Breads. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.