Tagalong Girl Scout cookies are one of my favorite cookies because they combine two of my loves – chocolate and peanut butter.
It was a no brainer when the idea for this Super Easy Tagalong Pound Cake came to me. But the truth is, I almost didn’t want to share it here on the blog.
You see, this pound cake is almost too easy, I thought you might scoff at it’s easiness.
But then I got to thinking… quick and easy desserts are like, amazing. So why wouldn’t you love this one?!
Especially since it’s a moist pound cake that’s topped with a deliciously sweet peanut butter filling and then covered in a layer of luscious chocolate.
Here’s the crazy easy part – I used a frozen pre-made pound cake!
You can find them in the freezer section near the desserts. They defrost in seconds in the microwave, but I just left mine on the counter for about 20 minutes before I topped it with a super simple peanut butter mixture (that tastes like the inside of a Reese’s… for reals!).
It took just a few minutes for me to whip up this crazy delicious dessert, so I think that’s a win!
If you’re a chocolate and peanut butter fan, or a Tagalong Girl Scout cookie fan, or just a fan of quick and easy desserts, then this one is definitely for you!
Please tell me you love simple desserts like this!
UPDATE: Watch this cute video I put together on how to make this!Print
Super Easy Tagalong Pound Cake
Super Easy Tagalong Pound Cake is a delicious dessert with chocolate and peanut butter!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dessert
- 1 (16oz) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4oz. chocolate candy melts
- Place the pound cake on a sheet of wax paper and set aside.
- Combine the butter and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Stir until smooth and then stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, stirring again until smooth.
- Spread half of the peanut butter mixture on top of the pound cake and place in the fridge for 3 minutes. Spread the rest of the peanut butter mixture on top of the pound cake and place back in the fridge for 3 minutes to harden.
- Melt the chocolates according to package instructions and then pour evenly over the top of the pound cake, letting it run down the sides. Let harden before slicing. Enjoy!