This super easy Skillet Tilapia with Shrimp is a quick weeknight dinner that tastes just like an Olive Garden knock-off!
A few weeks ago I went to the classic Italian Restaurant that is know for it’s never ending salad and breadsticks… Olive Garden.
I’m all about free carbs.
Anyways, I ordered myself something light to go with my 99 breadsticks. I ordered their baked Tilapia with Shrimp. It was most enjoyable to the palate, but I couldn’t help but thinking how easy it would be for me to make this in my own kitchen.
For a quarter of the price.
Let’s be real guys. I have 4 kids with bottomless pits for stomachs.
I can’t afford to take my kids out to eat very often. So when I found 6 very large Tilapia filets for just $4 at my local grocery store… yeah… that sure beats paying $16 for one.
I also picked up a 1 lb. bag of frozen shrimp for just $5. This meal was shaping up real well.
I took all my ingredients home and whipped up this delicious meal in less than 20 minutes.
I fed my whole family, a restaurant worthy meal, for less than $15, in less than 20 minutes.
AND EVERYONE LOVED IT!!
Let’s just say that after that I knew I needed to share it with you. I’m just nice like that. 🙂
(I also wanted to eat it again)
Your family is going to love this light and refreshing, restaurant worthy dinner!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Skillet Tilapia with Shrimp
This light and flakey Tilapia is covered in a delicious white wine and lemon sauce and tender baby shrimp. All done in one skillet!
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 20 min.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine*
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp butter, cut into tablespoons
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 8 oz. small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl oil around in pan to coat. Once hot, reduce heat to medium.
- Season tilapia filets with salt and pepper on both sides and place in hot skillet. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily. Remove from skillet and place on a dish and keep warm.
- Toss the garlic into the hot skillet and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour the white wine into the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and cook until the liquid has reduced to about 1/2. Add in the butter and parsley and stir until melted.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook in sauce until the shrimp have turned pink, about 5 minutes. Serve the shrimp and sauce on top of the tilapia filets. Enjoy!
*You may replace the white wine with cooking wine or extra chicken broth.
Keywords: Skillet, tilapia, shrimp, white wine,