If you follow me on Facebook then you might have heard that I’m starting the BeachBody program where I’ll be working out daily, and eating well balanced meals. It’s part New Year’s resolution, and part I-want-to-look-awesome-for-my-30th-birthday… which happens to be just a few months away.
One thing you’ll never see me do is give up dairy to try and lose weight.
I’m a firm believer that dairy is significantly important in a healthy and well balanced diet. I still make sure I get 3 servings per day. That’s why I’m totally in love with this Raspberry Greek Yogurt Parfait.
It’s packed full of protein rich greek yogurt and sweetened with a touch of natural honey and fresh raspberries.
Since I’m working out, the protein in the greek yogurt will help to repair and build muscle tissues, as well as keep me full and focused on my goals.
To add a little more texture and fun to this little breakfast parfait, I whipped up some cinnamon and ginger wonton crisps. They’re light, crispy and can turn this quick breakfast into a beautiful dessert that will keep you on track!
I cut a few wonton wrappers into triangles then lightly sprayed them with cooking spray and sprinkled with a little bit of ginger infused cinnamon and sugar. The ginger adds just a touch of warm spice to the sweet crisps.
While the crisps are baking I quickly added a scoop of greek yogurt to a dish then a few raspberries and a drizzle of honey.
Then I repeated the process to make it a true parfait.
I just love the layers going on here.
With or without the crisps, this Raspberry Greek Yogurt Parfait is ready in minutes for a quick and healthy breakfast or a sweet treat any time of the day.
If you’re not a raspberry fan you can easily switch it out for any fruit you like, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc…
You’ll love the simplicity of this dish, but more importantly, you’re really going to love the combination of flavors!Print
Raspberry Greek Yogurt Parfait
recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
- Yield: makes 2 parfaits 1x
- 12 oz. plain greek yogurt (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp natural honey
- 5 wonton wrappers cut diagonally
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ginger powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray and place the cut wonton wrappers down. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a small bowl and sprinkle the wontons with the mixture.
- Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile divide the yogurt, raspberries and honey between two small bowls or parfait cups in a layering fashion. Serve with wonton crisps. Enjoy!
disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Arizona Milk Producers as part of my ongoing partnership with them. All thoughts and opinions expressed are 100% my own.