These Pumpkin Nutella Tarts are the perfect blend between pumpkin pie, chocolate, and portion control.
I made these Pumpkin Nutella Tarts to take with me to a Church function, and they were a massive hit. That’s what I love about making smaller portions of classics, they’re great for parties!
I don’t have anything against bringing a full Pumpkin Pie to a party, but I always feel gypped when I go to get my slice of pie and it’s approximately 3/4 of an inch wide. KnowwhatI’msayin?
At least with these adorable little tarts you can easily make enough to let everyone have their own mini pie.
And with that swirl of Nutella right on top, it’s a mini pie that will bring a smile to your face!
To make the swirly hearts all I did was place a few tablespoons of Nutella in a zip close bag and heat it up for about 20 seconds to get it warm and squeezable. I started at the center of each uncooked tart and made a circular swirl, then I took a toothpick and pulled straight down the center.
Boom! Swirly hearts!
Give each tart a dollop of cool whip or whip cream, and you’re all set!
I used my recipe for the Perfect Pumpkin Pie as the filling, so feel free to make these into one large pumpkin pie if you aren’t needing little (party ready) tarts.Print
Pumpkin Nutella Tarts
Pumpkin Nutella Tarts are the perfect blend between pumpkin pie and chocolate!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 tartlets 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 30 frozen tart shells (3″)
- 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- Cool Whip or Whip Cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line the frozen tart shells on a large baking sheet while you prepare the pumpkin pie filling.
- Place the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, evaporated milk, brown sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat with the whisk attachment (or use a large bowl and a hand mixer), until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating in between. Beat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Spoon enough pumpkin pie mixture into each tart shell to fill (approximately 2 to 3 tbsp each).
- Place the Nutella into a zip close bag and microwave for 20 seconds to warm it up. Snip off the corner of the bag and swirl a little bit of Nutella right on top of each tart. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The pumpkin pie will rise up high in the oven and when cooled will settle back down. Let the pumpkin tarts cool before topping with cool whip or whip cream. Keep stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
Keywords: pumpkin, Nutella, tart