These Pumpkin Cheesecake Pudding Cookies are not your average pumpkin cookie.
If you’ve ever had a pumpkin cookie then you know that they are cake-like in texture. Soft, moist and full of spice… nothing wrong with that! But… I wanted to make a pumpkin cookie that tasted like pumpkin, but had more of that chewy texture we all know and love from a classic chocolate chip cookie.
I’m fairly certain I nailed this recipe on the head!
And here’s the bonus… they’re super easy to make!
I took out the most painful part – waiting for the butter to soften to room temperature, and replaced it with quick melted butter. I did that for a reason (not just because I’m lazy). A cookie made with melted butter ends up more crisp-like, and spreads well when baked. A typical pumpkin cookie doesn’t spread, so if I whipped some soft butter and sugar together it would end up still very much cake-like.
Melted butter it is!
I also threw in a couple boxes of Instant Jello Pudding Mix (sugar free), which helped bring in the chewy factor.
We have melted butter to help crisp it up and pudding mix to make it chewy, throw in some pumpkin and it’s still pleasantly moist in the center! It’s basically the best of three worlds.
You could use a pumpkin spice pudding mix or a vanilla pudding mix, but I went with cheesecake, because… cheesecake.
When I scooped out the cookie dough for the first batch I didn’t push down the dough and waited to see what happened.
The cookies spread, but not that much.
For the next batch I gave the dough a gentle push down into a flatter cookie shape and let them bake. They came out perfect! A wonderfully light crisp to the outside edge, chewy and moist inside with a hint of pumpkin spice and white chocolate chips.
My family could not get enough of these, especially my husband. He’s not a very big sweets kind of guy, and he had 4 of these within 20 minutes!
I hope you try these delightful little cookies out this Fall!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pudding Cookies
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pudding Cookies have a cake like texture that melts in your mouth!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 (1oz) packages Instant Jello Pudding Mix (cheesecake flavor)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the melted butter and sugars in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (you can also do this in a regular mixing bowl with a hand mixer). Mix the butter and sugar together until the sugar is mostly dissolved, then add in the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the jello pudding mix (only the powder), flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully combined and a thick dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and mix just until evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or with parchment paper, then place large (2 tbsp) scoops of cookie dough on the baking sheet and gently press the cookies down to about 3/4 inch thick. (I like to add extra white chocolate chips to the top right before baking, just gently press them into the dough). Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin, cheesecake, pudding mix, cookies