These Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits are an easy to make, festive pumpkin dessert to serve for Thanksgiving or Fall holiday parties!
Hi again everyone! Nichole here from The Salty Marshmallow. I wanted to share a favorite Thanksgiving dessert of mine with you today. These pumpkin parfaits are so rich, and creamy, and just a really fun twist on the traditional pumpkin pie.
As you can see from my pictures, I made three giant parfaits! When I say giant, I mean there was no way they could be finished by one person. Trust me, my kids definitely tried! What’s great about this recipe is you can make larger sized parfaits for a smaller gathering. Or, you can use small cups that are clear plastic to make several parfaits for a crowd.
If you want to make a bunch of these pumpkin parfaits, you can get about 10-12 total from one recipe. This recipe can easily be doubled if you want to make more!
Can Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits be made ahead of time?
One question I get a lot about parfaits is making them ahead. Parfaits are always best when eaten fairly soon after assembling them.
- You can make these about 6 hours in advance if you need too.
- I recommend layering them in your choice of container, then covering each cup with a little plastic wrap.
- Sit them all on a baking sheet, and keep them refrigerated until it’s time to eat!
The main reason that I adore this recipe is the look on my guests faces when they see this dessert on our holiday table! I think people are so used to the traditional pies that they sometimes don’t give the Thanksgiving desserts a second thought. I love delighting my family with surprises like this, and they love devouring their own individual cup of pumpkin cheesecake goodness!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and pumpkin pie spice with a hand mixer until well combined.
- In small containers layer the crushed gingersnaps, pumpkin mixture, and cool whip as desired. Serve with a gingersnap cookie on top and enjoy!