These Gooey Butterscotch Nut Bars are a super quick and tasty butterscotch cookie bar that is topped with roasted nuts and gooey caramel.
I seriously can’t get enough of this one!
We had a big dinner at our church the other night that my husband was in charge of making all the food for.
Which basically means… husband = wife. So I made the majority of the food. I won’t take all the credit. My husband did cook most of it, I just prepped and got everything ready. Including these yummy bars.
I can’t complain about these bad boys because they are actually REALLY EASY to make!
Of course you’ll want to grab some Challenge Butter (it’s a quality you can taste), a package of sugar cookie mix and some butterscotch pudding mix.
Combine that all together with an egg to form your butterscotch cookie base.
You guys… think of all the flavor possibilities with this!! Banana cookie base with a custard topping… that’s gotta happen!
But first, make these bars!!
While the cookie is baking you’ll whip up a some caramel sauce. Just melt down some caramels with a little evaporated milk over the stove top (the microwave works too), and once it’s smooth, stir in some nuts and spread it over the bars!
And since I couldn’t resist, sprinkle with a few more butterscotch chips all over the top of that caramel. Perfection!
You’re seriously going to love these bars!
Gooey Butterscotch Nut Bars
- 1 sugar cookie mix, 17.5oz package
- 1 instant butterscotch pudding mix, 3.4oz package
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package, 14oz caramels
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix, pudding mix, butter and egg until a dough forms. Press into an ungreased 9”x13” baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the caramels and milk over medium-low heat, stirring often until melted and smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the nuts and vanilla extract.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the top of the crust. Sprinkle with the butterscotch chips and let cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Challenge Dairy. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE IT