This super fast, one skillet, colorful and flavorful Ginger Shrimp Egg Roll Skillet dinner will soon be your new go-to dinner!
Ready for some punch of flavor, chock-full of veggies, and less time in the kitchen?
You’re in the right place, my friend. Because I have a fantastic one skillet dinner here for you, loaded with vegetables, aromatic ginger and garlic, and crunchy wonton strips.
How To Make an Egg Roll Skillet:
From start to finish, it’ll take you less than 30 minutes to get the dinner on the table. And since we’re using only one skillet, there won’t be many dishes to do! Yay!
So what’s our secret to this super fast one skillet stir-fry?
- Coleslaw mix– I’m using super thin angel hair coleslaw mix. It looks so beautiful and cooks in minutes! You can use any kind of coleslaw here though. Have you tried broccoli slaw? I think it’d be fantastic here as well.
- Shrimp– As we all know, shrimp doesn’t take long to cook, and takes on flavors beautifully in very little time. That’s precisely why I love incorporating shrimp into my busy weeknight dinner. I used large peeled and deveined shrimp with tails on (you can remove the tails if you prefer). The size of shrimp is usually defined by how many shrimp per pound. In my case, I used 31-40 shrimp per pound. If you’re using smaller shrimp, it’ll take even less time to cook, and opposite with larger ones, they’ll take a minute or two longer. Whatever size you use, don’t overcook those beautiful shrimp though, or they’ll turn into chewy tough rubber.
- Toasted sesame oil– This is another secret weapon for a quick punch of flavor. When it comes to sesame oil, a little bit goes a long way.
- Freshly grated ginger– It’s important to use fresh ginger here for the biggest punch of flavor. Freshly grated ginger is potent, which is exactly what we need, and it makes a big difference. It’s so easy to peel and grate it on a zester.
Now let’s talk about optional garnishes:
- Wonton strips– Crunchy crispy wonton strips add nice texture to the dish. After all, we’re making egg roll skillet!! If you can’t find ready to use wonton strips at the salad section, you can easily make it yourself. Simply cut fresh wonton wraps into thin strips and fry them in a little bit of vegetable oil until golden brown, takes about couple minutes!
- Black and white sesame seeds– You may easily overlook the nutty flavor and light crunch of these tiny little seeds, but they’re quite nutritious addition to the dish. Again, totally optional!
Hope you’ll try this delicious ginger shrimp egg roll skillet. And I’d love to hear your feedback!